Curious and some TMI

MELMEL308
on 4/22/11 4:55 am - PA
I was wondering how many people have had plastic surgery after they have reached their goals... I know I am no where near needing to worry about this question ( i haven't even had surgery yet..lol) but I do.  I need to lose 100+ and majority of my weight is all abdomen.  I have had 2 C Section one of which was cut Vertical due to an Emergency C section where I was put under anesthesia.  I was cut horizontal for the other.  I already have major hanging and have been told by a plastic surgeon that i could benefit from a Penneculectomy (sp) and that because of my muscle being cut into a cross from two C sections, its going to be very hard to tone it up.... So I guess my question is this, Will I automatically assume that i am going to need plastics?  Will this go away at all once I lose the weight?  I know hanging skin is to be expected but right now because of my height, i wear dresses and alter them  into shirts so that they are  long enough to cover my hanging stomache.. its so embaressing!!  not to mention i rash alot...
I call it a BIF (Butt in Front) and with my vertical scar, it really looks like it...
                            ~Melanie~
"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a beautiful butterfly"                                       
fleurs
on 4/22/11 5:09 am - New Zealand
Hey there, 
I think you might need to start saving! You can't tone skin - you can only tone what is under the skin. I'm at goal and am pretty 'flat' in my tummy area but still have a 'flap' there which I thank my 2 x 7lb twin boys for.

Unfortunately I can't look at plastics as the cost in NZ is prohibitive. I guess the thing with a lot of us when we have this surgery is that when we are 'thin' (for some the first time in their lives) some feel the need to 'finish' the job by having plastics.

jluvsme
on 4/22/11 5:27 am - HI
I think it depends on your insurance company.  Kaiser says if your pennecula hangs halfway between your hips and thighs when you are two years post op OR have lots of rashs you qualify for it for free. 

I met a guy who lost 200 pounds and they actually did two tummy tucks cause they can only take off so much at a time.  Both were covered.
Linda B.
on 4/22/11 5:57 am, edited 4/22/11 5:58 am
I think I remember one of the Doc's talking about plastics and that it wasn't covered...but he did say if you have skin issues under the flap...start documenting every time you have it. Any time you have a doc look at it etc...it may get you the surgery covered. I used to get an irritation and I never had the nerve to ask my doc for help with it, too embarrassing for me, but I kind of wish I did now.I too have had multiple surgeries and have the hang around pouch...HATE IT. I'll have to save do get rid of it, but one way or another it's so OUT OF HERE!!!! Oh yea I have the BIF as well, and I just wish I could put it in back cause that's the only non fat place I own!

MELMEL308
on 4/22/11 7:05 am - PA
Thanks everyone for your comments.  I did have my doctor's tell me to start documenting any rashes because the more documents, the more chance of having it covered... Like you, I have always been embaressed to discuss it and jsut went out and bought an anti fungal to take care of rashes.. and OMG the burn.. I'm so embaressed by it! The same doctor that told me I could benefit from the penneculectomy was the same doctor who told me if I was one who didn't care about hygeine or allowed for smell and didn't take care of the rashes, i would be approved through insurances... Sad isn't it?  The crazy thing is the only reason i knew of this plastics was when i was pregnant and knew I was going to have a c section, I joked with my doctor asking for them to cut it off.  She told me it does happen and there is a possibility they could do it during my c section.    The insurances would approve it because I am a diabetic and healing process is dificult.(Which mind you the plastic doc I went to was giving me a hard time to go for he insurance approval)  When I started to look into it, it never came to a head because i had my daughter 10 weeks early.  Anyway, so just recently, i asked my primary to give me a prescription for anti fungal to start documenting, and it was going to cost me 30 dollars for cream, when the over the counter spray works awesome for 10 bucks!
Once upon a time I used to consider myself a cute plus size..Now i just feel so grotesque.  I have a bif, and my back has bigger tits than my front!  I am all mid fat...disgusting!!
                            ~Melanie~
"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a beautiful butterfly"                                       
MELMEL308
on 4/22/11 7:11 am - PA
One more thing,
have you been noticing a difference with your weight loss?  Has it been at least going down? 
                            ~Melanie~
Linda B.
on 4/23/11 12:18 am
I'm not sure if you directed that question to me but for a while it has slowed down but it's ok. I understand it happens. I'm not doing anything diferent than I ought to be so I know it's my body doing its thing. I just want to say about your reply;
           Melmel please don't speak hateful things about you, You are working on a change, and it's you that will be loved for what is inside not whats on the outside. Life can be tough enough without you saying how you feel about your weight. Learn to love yourself, it's hard but you can do it. I'm rooting for you! God Bless, Linda

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 76 views