Have you tried to eat corn?

Mishyme
on 5/3/11 11:45 am

I ate 2 tablespoons of cooked corn for supper, and then I was up all night with incredible gastric/intestine pains! (Worse than labour pains)

Are we allowed to eat corn?  It felt like my stomach seperated from my intestines.  I was cold sweatings and had the chills.

Woke up today and felt like crap!

Michelle

Stats: HW 311 lbs in Aug 2010, VSG on 10/19/2010, Surgeons goal 208lbs, My Goal 175lbs or less Current 193lbs
Bonnie B.
on 5/3/11 11:50 am - Dayton, OH
How far out are you? I haven't had any problems with corn but I took in REALLY slowly at first. Maybe just a few kernels. Hope you feel better, soon!
Bonnie
(deactivated member)
on 5/3/11 12:47 pm
Wow!  Michelle, that sounds so awful.  I hope you are feeling better tonight! 

I had a similar experience with a couple of bites of a peeled microwaved new potato.  It was agony with the sweats and instead of the chills, I felt so hot I thought I was going to ignite into flames.

As far as corn, I have only had a very few kernels at a time.  (Like in the tortilla soup I had Sunday.)  No effect at all.

Hopefully, you won't have to face this again.
cleckman
on 5/3/11 1:43 pm
Michelle,

No problems with corn for me either but I'm six months out. I probably only had a few kernals at a time though....maybe a nibble off the corn of the cob last weekend and no problems.

Good luck, and I hope you feel better soon!
Cathy
HW 298.8 Surgery W 242.5 CW 152 GW 164Surgery Date 10/25/10!!!                   

USAF Wife
on 5/4/11 12:50 am
Corn hurt like hell the first time I attempted to eat it then I burped it up for hours after I'd eaten it. I avoided it through my losing stage, and was well past 6 months post-vsg before I ate it. Currently, I have zero issues with corn, but the first couple of times I ate it, the experiences was unpleasant.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

charmaine A.
on 5/4/11 7:16 am - MI
Corn and steak are the last items i could have..six months out..i wont try them until august because these are the foods my surgeon said our tummys have a hard time digesting..

Best of Luck, Charmaine

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 314 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views