Back to basics!

LunaLovegood
on 5/4/11 5:44 am - WA
I've been letting head hunger win for the last few days, but that's OVER!  I'm going on a 3 day protein shake fast and telling the carb monster to take a hike.  It's funny how a tiny snowball creates an avalanch.  I was trying to increase my calories for a few days and then was planning on dropping down (1200 for a few days, then 400 for a few days, to keep my body guessing, but keep my calories around 800 average), but even a little extra was too much and led me down a bad path.  Oh well, three days of badness is easily corrected (no weight gained, thankfully) and I have learned my lesson.  Back to basics for me! 

Weight: Highest 317, Consult 311, Surgery 292, Current 210.8
Weight lost by month: 22, 13, 11, 8, 6, 5, 5, 6, 3, 0, next update 12/5.    
MandaTee
on 5/4/11 5:48 am
I'm right there with ya.
I'm not gonna do a full protein diet, but I am trying to eat right again.
Somehow (don't ask me how!!) some easter candy made it into my grocery cart, into my cabinet, and into my mouth repeatedly.
It's truly a mystery, really.
Anyways, I am trying to be good, and exercise again, and stop eating bad stuff.
Good luck!!

My Story: http://mandaswljourney.blogspot.com/
VSG Surgery Date: Jan 20, 2011
(deactivated member)
on 5/4/11 6:21 am - CA
Mines the carb/sweets monster, but after starting to work out on Monday, I realized that it takes a lot of ******g work to burn 300 calories...don't know if it's worth it. I think I will do protein shakes for a couple of days too to get my head back in the right place.
LunaLovegood
on 5/4/11 6:29 am - WA
It's so true!  I ate one banana laffy taffy and I fell off the wagon and landed flat on my ass :(  So I'm sending them to my adopted soldier and avoiding them like the plague in the future.  But you're right, burning calories is too much work for the 2 minutes of enjoyment I get from the sweets.  Protein shakes are my punishment (man, those things are gross .) 

Weight: Highest 317, Consult 311, Surgery 292, Current 210.8
Weight lost by month: 22, 13, 11, 8, 6, 5, 5, 6, 3, 0, next update 12/5.    
(deactivated member)
on 5/4/11 6:51 am - CA
It really is only like two minutes, too! Then I feel guilty...the only protein shakes I can handle are those pre-made ones from costco--premier. Everything else tastes like artificial sweetner, which I loathe. Well, at least your soldier will get to enjoy them. :)
Lisa F.
on 5/4/11 11:02 am
Hijack, sort of!  You mentioned "adopted soldier" and I was curious if there's a site you can connect to a soldier to send support.  Maybe he's literally your adopted son/daughter and is a soldier which is awesome too! Was just curious so hope you don't mind me asking!
LunaLovegood
on 5/4/11 2:40 pm - WA
I don't mind at all - I have no kids, I "adopted" a soldier at www.soldiersangels.org.  They ask you to send a letter a week and a care package each month.  I'm super excited about it - I went on a shopping spree :)  And the post office only charges $12.20 (online) to send a 12 x 12 x 5 flat rate box to any military base.  
Lisa F.
on 5/4/11 11:56 pm
That sounds awesome! Thanks so much for the info. I'm going to go check it out and sign up!
Miss_C
on 5/4/11 7:48 am - Southern, CA
VSG on 01/31/11 with
Seriously, I've allowed myself a couple of days of guilty pleasures and the next day is sooooo freakin hard to get back into the routine. My mind thought about the delicious treats I had the day before and kept trying to talk me into having them again. It's takes a couple of days before the craving go away and routine is normal again but man you really have to fight it off like the boogie monster. Carbs are an absolute *****! 
*Hugs* Missy

January Sleevers:
 http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Jansleeves/discussion/

Consult Weight 254             SW 212          CW 154           GW 120 

Ask Not What Your Sleeve Can Do For You But What You Can Do For Your Sleeve!

LunaLovegood
on 5/4/11 8:16 am - WA
That's so true!  I'm having serious cravings today, but if it's not a protein drink or a sugar free beverage it is not getting in my belly.  I have to find my willpower - I know it's here somewhere
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 92 views