SCARED NEWBIE!!!!!!

Kelanore
on 5/7/11 12:21 am - MN
I was scared too. In fact the day of surgery I almost talked myself right out of the hospital with thoughts about the fact that the fact that the surgery was not necessary, fears about complications and disappointment that I hadn't lost weight on my own.

Fast forward 6 months. I now weigh 176--still not at my goal weight but getting there. However, what I'm experiencing now is about so much more than a number on a scale. I'm working hard, watching what I eat and exercising--but for the first time since I can remember, I'm not frantic about it. I feel like I'm winning. As a result, I'm able to put some of my energy towards other things in life.

I've definitely had some moments of self doubt in which my old demons come back to haunt me. However, I'm very thankful that I pursued this option. I'm thankful to look in the mirror and see someone that resembles the person that I've always felt myself to be.

As far as the pain goes, I had a very positive experience. I had very, very minimal pain. However, even if the pain had been worse, for me it would have been worth it. Just take one day at a time. Good luck!!
justwillow
on 5/7/11 3:01 pm - OR
Thank you for sharing, I will be glad to be on the other side of this!
Randy G.
on 5/7/11 6:17 am - TX
VSG on 04/26/11 with
The worst pain I had didn't come from the surgery, or the incisions, or the stomach. It happened one week post-op when the surgeon said I could go back to desk duty. It was also one of the first days my allergie**** I sneezed and the closest thing I can liken it to is a cracked rib. It hurt to breath, cough, move wrong etc. They will give you PLENTY of pain meds in the hospital, just ask. Hope your experience goes as easily.

justwillow
on 5/7/11 3:03 pm - OR
How long did that last? every time you sneezed or just after a sneezing attack? Do you feel you went back to work to soon? Oh by the way thanks for sharing.
Randy G.
on 5/8/11 4:56 am - TX
VSG on 04/26/11 with
As far as going back to work too soon, no I don't think I did. I was getting stir crazy being around the house. It was only really bad for that one sneeze. Course it was tender for several days after that but went away yesterday. I didn't feel the need to go see the doc over it. You will do fine.
justwillow
on 5/8/11 11:40 am - OR
Most Active