Will my CPAP cause gas??

walmartian
on 5/18/11 12:51 am

I would not go without the cpap, as my sleep dr says it's really an abrupt change and can be hard on your heart and other systems. The gas pain everyone talks about after surgery is not that kind of gas pain, and the buildup isn't in your stomach or intestines, it's trapped in your abdominal cavity and has to dissipate, ; it is pain from the gas thy inflate your abdomen with so they can see what they are doing using a light and camera through the tiny incisions. They suck the majority of it out before they close the incisions, but what remains has no outlet  which is why you are told to walk to help get it out, by circulating it through your blood into the lungs to be breathed out. I'm not sure if that's what you meant. As far as regular burping goes, it isn't a big deal, and can't build up in your sleeve as there is a way for it to escape, actually 2don't fart unless you are on the toilet :p  That last part won't be a concern for at least 4-5 days after surgery, just know it's gonna happen!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 77 views