Can you feel your stomach moving ?

Christine Z.
on 5/23/11 6:21 am - CA
I was told that after the sleeve surgery because part of your stomach is gone,you can actually feel your stomach moving around especially when you run...Is this true for anyone?

MomtoAndy
on 5/23/11 6:23 am - Columbia, SC
Run?  You run?  Lol..good for you!!  I'm sure I'd be able to feel my flab, but my stomach inside?  I can't imagine.  Let me know!

Christine Z.
on 5/23/11 6:29 am - CA
LOL is right!!!! no at this point there is no way I can run BAHAHAHA,but in the future I sure will try. My surgery is 7/5/11 so I'm just trying to gather up as much info as I can.

Jen_L
on 5/23/11 6:54 am - MN
I'll be the first to admit that I don't run :)  However I have been known to jump rope with the kids from time to time and I do not feel my actual stomach (now.. the rest of me is certainly still jiggly and I can feel that though! *laugh*)  I've never heard of feeling your stomach move.

~Jen

Pre-op: -7     Month 1: -20 (-4, -9, -4, -3)   Month 2: -16 (-4,-3,-3,-3, -3)  Month 3: -14 (-3,-5,-4,-2)  Month 4: -11 (-2,-3,-2,-4)  Month 5: -10 (-4, -1, -2, -3)  Month 6: -4 (-2, -1, -1, -0)  Month 7: -8 (-4,-1,-1,-2)  Week 30:
(deactivated member)
on 5/23/11 7:02 am
Sorry, whoever told you that is either pulling your leg or just plain incorrect. Your stomach is not flopping around inside you anymore than any of your other organs, and you cannot feel it!
emelar
on 5/23/11 7:03 am - TX
No, I've noticed absolutely no difference since surgery.  And I had wondered whether I'd "miss" the larger stomach somehow.  But everything just compacts back in and there's no movement. 

Now, if you want to talk about noise, that's a whole different subject!  My sleeve sang like the whales for the first few months.  All sorts of interesting noises - mostly gurgling.  But that's settled down as well.
Kristy R.
on 5/23/11 7:37 am - Santa Clara, CA
 LOL, people are so odd!  Everything is tucked nicely inside just like it was before.  I feel no different, at all.  
~Kristy~ VSG 3/29/11 ~ 15 pounds lost pre-op, SW - 240/GW - 150

Christine Z.
on 5/23/11 7:56 am - CA
Thank you all so much. When I heard that it did kinda freak me out LOL!! I can really see you all will be a big source of support for me, Your all a God sent !!! a blessing,  I only hope I can be of support to other as you are for me.

Most Active