When could you sleep on your side again?

Jenni Z.
on 6/2/11 3:01 am - CA
 It is so interesting how everyone is so different! I was sleeping on my side in the hospital or right away! I guess all docs are different in where they put incisions. I actually slept on my side and stomach. The one that drives me nuts is right under my boobs on my bra line. I tried to go without for a few days but I am definitely a person who does NOT need to go without a bra! I hope you get to sleep on your side soon!
Jenni
  5 9' Surgery/Start Weight: 341 CW: 276 Goal: 181 Dream Goal: 165

joie_de_sleeve
on 6/2/11 3:06 am - IN
Oh, now there's something I hadn't thought of... and I'm a stomach sleeper.
Heidi V.
on 6/2/11 3:10 am - Cardinal, Canada
Revision on 01/13/14
Lol! I love your username!!!!!

Revision from sleeve to RNY is set for January 13, 2014.

davensher
on 6/2/11 8:52 am
It took me between 3-4 weeks to be able to sleep comfortably on my side and/or stomach. I was miserable until then!  My problem is that when I sleep on my back, my mouth inevitably opens - and I use a CPAP mask AND chin strap! My husband was much less than amused that whole time!

Hang in there - this, too, shall pass.

davensher from Alabama
 "Dreams are renewable. No matter what our age or condition, there are still possibilities within us, and new beauty waiting to be born."                                               - Dale Turner  

Michelle Smith
on 6/2/11 12:15 pm
I was actually on my stomach the 1st night, in the hospital. Ever wake up with an IV cord wrapped around you, &* the lil hispanic nurses screeching at you?? LOL....I think everyone is different. I was fortunate. I had a little pulling, but once I let it settle, I was fine....

~~I am 5'8~~

ccbelle14
on 6/2/11 1:01 pm - Minneapolis, MN
 I was sleeping on my side/stomach the first night in the hospital. My mom and my nurse told me I was crazy. I just hugged a pillow and it worked. I HATE sleeping on my back.

Now, it probably did take a few weeks before it was truly comfortable like it was pre-op...but I also had no incision problems at all and that made the difference I think.

Highest Weight (2008): 360  Surgery Consult Weight: 340  Day of Surgery: 318
Height: 5'10"
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 106 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 334 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 384 views