Reassuring my Husband after weight loss? Kinda long..

cge268
on 6/5/11 11:11 am
just showing love and attention can defuse a lot of insecurities. i met my husband prior my wls. i saw some insecurities, but we always stand united as a family. im still losing..i try to always include him in the process.my scale and gym buddy..i even took him shopping with me to critique my outfit.unbelievable but he picked out a sexy pantsuit and encourage me to buy the smaller size because of my new weight loss. communication is the key..charlene
(deactivated member)
on 6/5/11 3:06 pm
We're pretty much insecure dummies who don't understand how disrespectful and hurtful our fears/thoughts driven by those insecurities can be.  Sounds like he needs a little extra love and attention to be re-assured he's not gonne lose his hottie :).

You hear about a lot of marriages/relationships ended by WLS...it's a pretty common fear for both men and women I think.  My wife had bypass about 7 years ago, I never really worried about that stuff but she's been giving me a lot of hell lately since I've been getting out and moving around more than I used to.

Try to continue being the same person, regardless of size or whatever, and maybe a little extra love/attention until things normalize some.  This is a helluva roller coaster ride that affects everyone on the train lol.
Samantha L.
on 6/7/11 5:28 am
my boyfriend is the same way. i don't think there's anything to do but give it time and keep it real. i told him the same thing you told your husband, if we broke up it would be mutual or if he cheated or something similar. i wouldn't just leave him for someone else.
Most Active