Almost 3 weeks out & gained 3 pounds is this normal ?

marianna24
on 6/10/11 11:33 pm - Clifton, NJ
Morning everyone !! Wondering if this has happened to anybody else ?? I'm trying to drink as much water as I can but I have only been drinking about two bottles a day & I know that's not good but it's weird i'm never thirsty .

(deactivated member)
on 6/11/11 12:30 am
You must get more water in.  Here's the deal, water carries the toxins and fats out of your body.  They either go out thru your urine or your poop as your lose so if you don't hydrate your body and flu**** out then your weight will come off either very slowly or your body will hold onto the water it does get because it is worried that adequate water is not being provided.  If you are not liking water then try iced decaf tea or decaf coffee, SF lemon aid etc.  You have to aim for the 70-100 oz of liquids a day.  You will also end up constipated if your body doesn't have enough hydration to carry the poop out.  The worst case senario of course is ending up back in the hospital because of dehydration.
its4maya
on 6/11/11 2:02 am - Cypress, CA
We really need a LIKE button!  Stephanie has some great insight and advice.   It's not about being thirsty, it's about fueling the machine.
Good luck Marianna!

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 202 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 286 views