PLEASE HELP!! Can't go #2 and in PAIN

tiffaneyeliese
on 6/9/11 2:18 am
OMG! I am 12 days post op and need to go #2 B A D!
I have tried all morning long and it just wont pass! SORRY I know it's gross....I drank the normal that helps and still NADA. I took MiraLAX and still nothing! I am so uncofortable and shaky and getting sweats! I need some advise please? I already put a call in my DR.
ssheaks
on 6/9/11 2:26 am - NY
If it is really that bad you need to talk to your surgeon. I would give them a couple of hours to call back and if you don't hear anything call back again. It could be something serious but hopefully just constipation.
kanga003
on 6/9/11 2:26 am
Glycerin suppositories for short term relief... they've got to get you going and can't hurt your tummy... obviously you'll need a better long term plan, but they should give you some relief...

Good Luck... sorry you're having such poopy issues :-(
tiffaneyeliese
on 6/9/11 2:35 am
THANKS...I am really in discomfort...this has NEVER happened to me in my whole life.
mylastchance
on 6/9/11 2:37 am
I say try the suppository,  if that does not work go for a fleet enema and get cleaned out then try to find a fiber supplement to take regularly to keep you going.  I eat almonds, dry roasted peanuts or dried plums everyday and since I started that I no longer suffer like you are doing now but you are too new for those right now.  I had some very painful times too.  Don't wait much longer ...... fleet works the fastest!!!

"I COULD HAVE MISSED THE PAIN BUT I'D OF HAD TO MISS THE DANCE"
             I have missed too many dances in my life now it is time to start living
5' 1"

tiffaneyeliese
on 6/9/11 2:47 am
I've never done either of those.....I am at work right now should I go home to do these? At this time I could care less if they hurt seeing the pain I am in but just curious do they hurt or will they cause more discomfort? THANKS SO MUCH
AniO
on 6/9/11 2:45 am
I would do the glycerin to get things moving quickly, too.

AniO

Nita G.
on 6/9/11 2:55 am
 If I were you, I'd leave work, stop and pick up both glycerin suppositories and a fleet mineral oil enema. You're going to need the suppositories in the future, but to get out of pain quick this time, use the enema. The mineral oil should grease things up enough so it doesn't hurt too much coming out. 
I've been where you are, and it's probably the ONLY drawback to this surgery that I've experienced. At 8 months out, I still take 2 stool softeners a day, along with a baby food container of prunes with my greek yogurt every morning.
Good luck!
Nita

48 pounds lost prior to surgery

(deactivated member)
on 6/9/11 2:59 am - CA
A double dose of Milk of Magnesia will clear you out in under an hour.
mylastchance
on 6/9/11 3:07 am
Yes go home,  this isn't anything you can do at work,  try the MiraLAX as the post above says,  many have done well with this,  still the fleet is faster,  within a few minutes......not fun but relief..... definitely.

"I COULD HAVE MISSED THE PAIN BUT I'D OF HAD TO MISS THE DANCE"
             I have missed too many dances in my life now it is time to start living
5' 1"

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 73 views