Question

mocoso65
on 6/9/11 1:09 pm
What causes a leak?
everettd
on 6/9/11 1:59 pm - TN
I'm not sure what causes it besides maybe eating too much too soon after your surgery. My dr. said that if it happened, I would definately know it. New pain in your left shoulder is a sign of it, he said. I was pretty freaked out about this possibility, but he said that it was very rare. Hope this helps!
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, but where he stands at moments of challenge and controversy."  MLK Jr.    
mocoso65
on 6/9/11 2:02 pm
Thanks just wondering
George B.
on 6/9/11 11:04 pm - Miami, FL
Leaks are generally the result of improper staple lines, malformations on the stomach or pre-existing problems like swtomach errosion caused by the Band. 

If the doctor does not have a lot of experience with the sleeve I would not be comfortable going to him. You want a surgeon with a history of sleeve surgeries and you should ask him his leak rate.

Along with the staple line many doctors glue the area to further reduce the chances of leaks. Many doctors also perform leak tests during the surgery and post-op.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 90 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 307 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 354 views