Would you?

megamommy
on 6/24/11 6:48 am
I got the word today that I have to Self Pay. Knowing what you do now would you self pay? Was it worth it? Any regrets?

FatGuyInALittleCoat
on 6/24/11 6:50 am, edited 6/23/11 6:51 pm - New Orleans
I self-paid. And I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Best money I ever spent.

Be a smart shopper. Look around and see where you can get the best value(top doc, hospital quality, follow-up) for your dollars. Don't feel obligated to any particular surgeon.

Current weight: 170 lbs.

Once I reach goal, this cow will be killed & eaten... 2 ounces at a time.

Total includes 56 lbs. lost on 2-month low carb pre-op diet.  Start date 9/13/10.

felicity2u
on 6/24/11 6:52 am - LA
I was self pay and saved me alot of time and got it done right away.  I'll probably make my money back on what I spent because my food bill is so low and really don't go out to eat anymore and I quit smoking.  I would do it again in a heartbeat.

If you fear nothing, then you love nothing. If you love nothing, what joy can there be in life?
                       VSG-3/3/2011 HW-308 SW-298 CW-152 GW-160
                                                156LBS. LOST

(deactivated member)
on 6/24/11 6:54 am
I self paid and have zero regrets. Best money I ever spent.  Good luck and shop around for a great surgeon.  Yes, money should be considered, but chose the best SURGEON first.  Sometimes you get what you pay for, so be careful and research.
Herbie55
on 6/24/11 6:57 am - MI
I was self pay also. I had to take out a loan but have absolutely no regrets. To me it's like making a car payment, only I'm making it on my health and body.
megamommy
on 6/24/11 7:16 am
THANK YOU! Im so terrified but i think im doing this for me!
jthomp7889
on 6/24/11 7:32 am - Shrewsbury, MA
 Self pay here too. Paid about $11k or so... I had my mind set I was sick and tired of being sick and tired. Worth it for sure!
hollykim
on 6/24/11 7:34 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Oh hell to the yes,I'd do it was worth it! Regrets? only that i couldn't do it sooner.
H

(deactivated member)
on 6/24/11 8:32 am
My husband paid for my surgery and after all the testing and the surgery it cost about $13,500-$14,500 I will be in surgery within 3days shy of 2 months from when I went to the lecture.
HaloEcho
on 6/24/11 8:47 am - Aurora, CO
I was fortunate to have insurance that paid, but if they hadn't I DEFINITELY would have self-paid knowing what I know now!  And believe me, we were in no position to do that 3 years ago, but I know it would have been so worth it!!!

*Angel
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 66 views