The big CUT tomorrow morning!! The day has finally come!

MARTINQ
on 6/30/11 4:15 am - RIVERDALE, GA
Well...I made it!! I'm going in tomorrow for the cut! Any pointers on what I should bring to the hospital I was told that I would be admitted for 3days (setting for boredom). Never had such large scaled procedure done and the unknown drives me crazy!
OldMedic
on 6/30/11 4:19 am - Alvaton, KY
Sleepwear, a robe and slippers; toilet articles, and a good book or some magazines.  If you have a laptop, you could bring it.

I also brought a set of loose sweat clothes, for the ride back home (73 miles one way).

Best of luck to you.  YOU CAN DO THIS!

A former Army Medic (1959-1969), Registered Nurse (1969-2000), College Instructor (1984-1989) and a retired Rehabilitation Counselor.  I am also a dual citizen of the USA and Canada.

High Weight 412 lbs.                    Date of Surgery 360.5                                 Present  170 lbs   

roundater
on 6/30/11 4:31 am - Lincoln, NE
If it is like mine you should be fine. Mine went smooth as silk, no complications and minimal pain (only a 3 on the 10 scale at most) and was gone by two days. Had just clear liquids in hospital but was actually eating mushy food right after discharge. Check with you doc on that one - my surgeon is fairly liberal on what I can eat. To combat the boredom, do your deep breathing excercises and as soon as you can move around (i.e. laps on the ward - I did so many the nurses thought I was going to wear a hole in the floor). Honestly have had more discomfort going to the dentist than this. Take care good luck and let me know if I can help further.
Rich Sonderegger

Shari H.
on 6/30/11 6:38 am - MI
 Make sure you have slippers or slipper socks that have a non-slip sole.  You don't want to slip and fall while you're walking around the unit!

Shari
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
FULL DISCLOSURE:  includes 31 lbs lost pre-op 
Ms. Poker Face
on 6/30/11 7:18 am
 Chapstick, phone & phone charger!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 236 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op