Dr. De La Torre in Columbia: band to sleeve revisions?

Tonya D.
on 7/5/11 11:14 pm - Aurora, MO
Hi all! Does anyone happen to know if Dr. De la Torre in Columbia, MO happens to do Band to Sleeve revisions? He did my band back in 2008, but I can't seem to get it out of anybody in the office if he does that specific revision or not. (I know that he does revisions, but don't know which ones.) The band has just STOPPED working for me, after the first year, no matter what I do, no matter how hard I try...SERIOUSLY and DILIGENTLY try...zilch..nada. *sigh*. 

Any pointers in the right direction would be much appreciated! Thanks a bunch!

ruggie
on 7/5/11 11:25 pm - Sacramento, CA
Ask him. We can't tell you if he does, only he can say what he'll do.

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

Tonya D.
on 7/5/11 11:35 pm - Aurora, MO

It never hurts to ask...you never know who might be looking/reading that might have had him or know of someone who might have, ya know? That's what we're all here for, to try to help/support each other, right?  He's a VERY busy surgeon, and not that easy to get ahold of. I've researched all over the internet and can't seem to find anything. Guess I'll try calling the office again...

roundater
on 7/6/11 1:35 am - Lincoln, NE
Try the local board under MO and the revision board although I hear it is super slow. Maybe they can help.
Rich Sonderegger

mallrat
on 7/6/11 10:03 am - St Peters, MO
I think he probably does do the band to sleeve revisions.  He used to be at Depaul Hospital in St Louis 1 day a week and did my first band in Sept 2006..  Hes in Columbia full time now.  I had my 2nd band and my revision to  VSG done by Dr. Scott, who used to work with Dr. De la torre in Columbia and is now at Depaul and St Clare hospital in Fenton.  Dr De la torre is a really good and experienced surgeon, so I'm thinking he probably does do band to sleeve revisions.   If not, I dont know if you would want to come to St Louis for surgery, but they definitely do the revisions at Depaul Hospital in St Louis.  Dr. Scott is there and also Dr. Morales, who took over for Dr. De la torre.  Dr. Scott and Dr. Morales do all their revisions together and they did mine.   Both of them are great  surgeons.  The staff there is very helpful and friendly.  The number there is 314-344-6800.  If I can answer any other questions just let me know.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 76 views