Birth Control Pre and Post Op

becca2297
on 7/14/11 12:54 pm
I got off the pill 3 weeks before surgery and don't plan on getting back on for at least a year.  I have read a lot that it will slow down your progress in weight loss and I want to squeeze everything I can out of this "honeymoon" period that I have going on right now.  I even got off my celexa, which is a antidepressant too. 

Consult weight =312    SW=299    CW=233   GW=160
I am 5'7"   Lost 13  of these lbs on the 2 week liquid diet.
mzchocolatebrwn
on 7/14/11 2:54 pm - chattanooga, TN
how did you come off of your celexa? cold turkey or stepped down dosages?
becca2297
on 7/15/11 10:00 am
It wasn't easy getting off the celexa.  I havee tried 3 times this year to get off of it because 2 other doctors told me that it was probably making me gain weight.  So I started just taking a half of a tab at night.......then I worked my way to every other night.....and finally about 3 weeks before surgery I quit taking them all together.  I had some old xanax that I had from a MRI that I had earlier this year and for about a week, I quartered up that xanax and took it to help me sleep cuz I couldn't sleep for nothing.  But, I'm finally off and happy about it....I don't think I will ever take another antidepressant again because of all the side effects and weight issues.  I was having anxiety attacks after my dad died in 2009 and that's why I started taking them....I'm ok now....haven't had any attacks..... but I will say that it is VERY hard trying to sleep these days...even when I do take the xanax.  I went to GP and he gave me 10 more xanax and I quarter them up with my pill chopper.  But even with the xanax, I can't sleep well....Dont know why...still sore from surgery only 2.5 weeks post-op.

Consult weight =312    SW=299    CW=233   GW=160
I am 5'7"   Lost 13  of these lbs on the 2 week liquid diet.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 162 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 437 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 458 views