Organic Hemp Protein

inkslingerdiva
on 7/27/11 8:55 am - Dumfries, VA
VSG on 01/22/11 with
I am sort of confused about protein supplements.

I had been using whey isolates (shots and shakes) but read a bunch of info suggesting they were virtually toxic and filled with a protein source the body couldn't access. The shots I can barely tolerate and tend to cause gastrointenstinal upset. The shakes I make from powder have the reverse effect unfortunately even though I like the taste.

Several articles suggests cold processed organic hemp which I enjoyed this morning for breakfast. What I have read suggests the protein is more accessible to the body even though the over all amount of protein is less than whey isolates.

I am simply unable to get adequate protein from food both in volume and lifestyle.

Help!
SW: 228Lbs. GW: 125Lbs. Goal in 14.5 Months CW: 122.7Lbs Down 105.3Lbs

P_B
on 7/27/11 9:07 am - Norfolk, VA
Where did you find your hemp protein?

momsy55
on 7/27/11 9:28 am - ME
I just came home from the chiropractor and she told me about this kind of protein.  She uses a brand named Nutiva and, if I can't find it, she'll get some for me.  I can't handle all of the dairy based protein - gives me the runs, sometimes without notice, so I'm looking for a non-dairy protein
Lisie318
on 7/27/11 12:22 pm - VA
 HippieButter.com is the best place to find hemp protein! They have some reallly good stuff and the owner is really sweet, i had a hard time ordering and asked for help 20 minutes later he himself was calling me to help. they are also on facebook!!

inkslingerdiva
on 7/27/11 2:54 pm - Dumfries, VA
VSG on 01/22/11 with
I bought Nutiva brand and enjoy it thus far. No digestive upset..I like the flavors I have tried.
SW: 228Lbs. GW: 125Lbs. Goal in 14.5 Months CW: 122.7Lbs Down 105.3Lbs

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views