Anxious and scared!!!!!!!

goldngrl5
on 8/1/11 4:12 am
I have my first consultation on next week. (8/10/11) I am so anxious and scared until I can't sleep at night. Can anyone tell me what to expect and what questions should I ask the surgeon?
  Goldngrl 5        
Allison B.
on 8/1/11 4:28 am - Canaan, ME
VSG on 01/09/12
Don't stress!  It's basically an information gathering session for the staff at the office and a time to talk to the nurse and the surgeon.  All my surgeon asked me was why I wanted gastric bypass and asked if I had any questions.  For me, it was more of a meet and greet!  :)  Good luck!
goldngrl5
on 8/2/11 12:11 am
Thanks, I'm just soooo nervous and want to cover all bases before I go in. Thanks so much!
  Goldngrl 5        
ChangingNow
on 8/1/11 6:12 am - OH
There is no need to stress!

Before your appointment, read all you can about WLS.  The surgeon will likely tell you all about various procedures.  The first decision is simply which surgery is best for you.

Don't worry about remembering a list of questions, just ask whatever comes to mind to make your more comfortable with the decision to have a specific surgery.  After that decision is made, you will have time to ask more detailed questions later.

There is a lot of good advice here on OH, but always listen to your surgeon first.  Remember that every one is different.

VSG on 05/03/2011, SW 255, CW 140, 5'6" female
Body by Sauceda on 11/30/2012, LBL, BL/BA, long thighs, arms, neck

goldngrl5
on 8/2/11 12:13 am
Thank you very much! I will try to relax and decide which procedure would be best for me. Thanks again!
  Goldngrl 5        
Most Active