ANYONE ELSE TAKE A LOT OF PILLS??

Jan G.
on 8/14/11 3:18 am - WI
Ok I am 10 days out and had a rough start due to vomiting. Once I went back on protein shakes it stopped.

However, I have to crush some and gettng that down takes awhile..you know..with ONLY sipping!!

Does it ever get easier to swallow pills? I can swallow any that are the size of smaller of Lincoln's head on a penny per surgeon. BUT my potassium pills are HUGE. Crushing them (and others) takes soo long to get down.

Thanks for any responses...

Jan

VSG: 08/05/2011   Age 62   5 foot:  HW: 207    SW 194   CW 156

brownowl
on 8/14/11 3:26 am
hi i am six weeks out and after 2 weeks manage my pills ok i have to swallow one at a time as my diabetic pills are big so is the multivit pill i take it does get easier i have gone from 23 pills a day before the op to 12 a day xxxxx
Pbell
on 8/14/11 3:28 am
 put them on a spoon with fat free cool whip.... makes it very easy!!!

foodlover
on 8/14/11 3:42 am

ask your dr. for liquid potassium.  It's MUCH easier.  Their is dissolvable potassium too.

Jan G.
on 8/14/11 3:50 am - WI
Wow cool whip..what a wonderful idea~ YEAH!!

And..did not know there was liquid potassium..good to know.

Knew I could count on the "experts" from OH ..thx

Jan

VSG: 08/05/2011   Age 62   5 foot:  HW: 207    SW 194   CW 156

califsleevin
on 8/14/11 4:22 am - CA
Yes, it does get easier. After a couple of months I was back to taking pills a half dozen (or whatever is needed) at a time with a swallow of water, though the horse sized omega capsules go by themselves. When I run out of the chewable calcium wafers I'll go back the pills again since that size isn't a problem anymore.

1st support group/seminar - 8/03 (has it been that long?)  

Wife's DS - 5/05 w Dr. Robert Rabkin   VSG on 5/9/11 by Dr. John Rabkin

cindibarre
on 8/14/11 8:54 am - Danforth, ME

Jan-  I found liquid and powdered versions of many of the supplements that I take.  Right now, my doc has me on minimal pills but after my first post surgery visit plan to blend all of them into a protein shake.  Also found chewables of many of my vitamins.

Cindi

HW - 351 SW 0 342  SurgW - 298!  1st. Seminar July 2010 Surgery  August 1, 2011  
Most Active