Yum Yum can I have some?????

SleeveRockn Chic
on 9/1/11 1:51 pm
 Ok I know not now and not for a while but I was watching Dr. oz today and he showed this yummy banana split which is actually good for you.  Looked so yummy can't wait to try but I know it will be a long time.  So it's called the SinLESS Watermelon Split if anyone is interested and if anyone can give me feedback on if this would be ok for us to eat.  I know not me not now since I am very early out but for future reference.  Thanks, Kerry

Sinless Watermelon Split
Split 2 bananas and top with 3 scoops of watermelon. Rich in water-conten****ermelon keeps you feeling full and also contains arginine, an amino acid that helps your body naturally burn calories. Add a dollop of yogurt; a study shows that calcium and milk fat may reduce fat absorption from other foods. Top with a cup of blueberries; rich in polyphenols, blueberries help prevent fat tissue from forming in the body.  Sprinkle with low-fat granola, for whole-grain fiber; and dark chocolate chips, which contain caffeine, an appetite suppressant.

Ingredients

• 2 bananas
  • 3 scoops of watermelon
  • 3 dollops of vanilla-flavored Greek yogurt
  • 1 cup fresh blueberries
  • 2 teaspoons ground flaxseed
  • Low-fat granola
  • Dark chocolate chips

LilySlim Weight loss tickers  
 HW: 365lbs.  SW:353  CW:182.4  GW:160 lbs.
Goal 1: Get under 300 (Reached as of 11/15/2011 299.4 Baby) 
Goal 2- Get under 200 (Reached as of 08/29/2012 199.2 Baby) 
Goal 3- Get to 160

Lizzy25
on 9/1/11 2:02 pm, edited 9/1/11 2:02 pm
That's way better than a regular banana split, I can agree on that. It's still a bit of a sugarbomb though. I did a quick nutritional analysis of the ingredients: 

2 medium bananas- 29g sugar
1 c blueberries 14.7g sugar
2oz vanilla greek yogurt: 4.2g sugar
1/4c low-fat granola: 7 g sugar
1 tbs choc chips: 8g sugar

I didn't bother with the watermelon cuz that's mostly water anyway.

Total: 63g sugars (this is not carbs, this is sugars. There are way more carbs).

For comparison, a snickers bar has half that much sugar, at 30g. 1 serving of Ben & Jerry's vanilla ice cream (1/2 cup) has 20g. BUT, this is way more filling. And with your sleeve, I can't imagine you'd be able to eat the whole thing.

So if you wanted to do a filling treat, I'd say, make one and share it with a friend. But treat it as you would a candy bar.
"The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." -Bertrand Russell
5'9 HW: 297 GW: 160 CW: 161
SleeveRockn Chic
on 9/1/11 2:07 pm
 Thank you for your reply. Yeah I don't think I would be able to eat 1/4 of it with my sleeve but just sounded so good and I can't really remember all Dr. Oz was saying but it was supposively good for you or I guess better for you than one with ice cream although that sugar content is pretty high.  Maybe one day I'll get a bite or 2.  I do love fruit.  Kerry 

LilySlim Weight loss tickers  
 HW: 365lbs.  SW:353  CW:182.4  GW:160 lbs.
Goal 1: Get under 300 (Reached as of 11/15/2011 299.4 Baby) 
Goal 2- Get under 200 (Reached as of 08/29/2012 199.2 Baby) 
Goal 3- Get to 160

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 260 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 324 views