1 wound seeping a little

smbergie200
on 9/1/11 11:59 pm - Naples, FL
All my wounds are healing well. Yesterday after a shower I noticed  the wound by my bellybutton was oozing a little. I put a gauze on it and taped it up. Today I took it off and they was blood on the gauze, but the wound seems to look better. Should I put anything on it? Hydrogen peroxide or anything or do I let it heal on its own. thanks

Plastics - Extended Tummy Tuck - February 6th 2013

VickyBT
on 9/2/11 12:11 am - MI

If anything use antibiotic ointment then call your doc today.
You might have an infection developing.

"Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
 Willing is not enough; we must do.? ~Johann von Goethe

VSG Aug. 30, 2011 HW 266 SW 249 GW 166 lbs.

Ashley O.
on 9/2/11 12:35 am
I had that problem with the incision where my drain was, cause they didnt glue it or stitch it or anything.. just put gauze over it..

the day i got home i took the guaze off and dabbed it with hydrogen peroxide.. then a cottonball with jus****er on it to get the hydrogen peroxide off.. some neosporin and put a bandaid over it.. did that twice a day the rest of the week and it healed up.. thankfully. that was getting annoying.

Not sure if i was supposed to do that? But I did. anddd i havent had any problems. but if it goes on much longer id call your doctor, it could be an infection..

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle."
~

Check out my blog? (: www.ourfightnow.net
~

jennifer K.
on 9/2/11 12:38 am - OH
I put neosporin on all my wounds and covered with bandaids - changing daily - for the first 3 weeks. I just wanted to make sure everything stayed clean. My only oozy site was where the drain was removed just like Ashley. I didn't have glue - I had steri-strips for the first week - but after that I started my bandaid regimine. Good luck- your doing great!
Jennifer
HW:330, Class W: 300  SW: 279 (7/13)
1m: 257 - 22 lbs/ 2m: 241 - 17 lbs/ 3m 231 - 10 lbs/ 4m  221 - 10 lbs/ 5m 210 -11lbs

Jessica Houston
on 9/2/11 12:56 am - Wichita, KS
I was told to just keep my incisions clean & open to air. That means NO BANDAIDS OR NEOSPORIN!!!  You can actually develop an allergy to the medicines in Neosporin by  putting it on so frequently.  And peroxide actually damages the healthy tissue that is forming.  I would suggest washing it gently with mild soap & water and letting it dry & open to air! 
HW: 245lbs SW:232lbs; CW: 206.2lbs;  GW:125lbs  Height 5ft 2in 

SleeveRockn Chic
on 9/2/11 1:30 am
 If in doubt, call the Dr., that's what he's there for.  I myself still have the  Steristrips covering my wounds.  I was told to leave em alone and they would fall off when they are ready to. Guess they not ready even at 11 days post op cause they still hanging on with no signs of peeling lol  Kerry

LilySlim Weight loss tickers  
 HW: 365lbs.  SW:353  CW:182.4  GW:160 lbs.
Goal 1: Get under 300 (Reached as of 11/15/2011 299.4 Baby) 
Goal 2- Get under 200 (Reached as of 08/29/2012 199.2 Baby) 
Goal 3- Get to 160

smbergie200
on 9/2/11 2:17 am - Naples, FL
Its dried up and scabbed again. Looks like im gonna live. Thanks for the responses. Im gonna leave it dry and open to the air and let my body do its healing thing.

Plastics - Extended Tummy Tuck - February 6th 2013

Mammamia1290
on 9/2/11 3:57 am
I had steri-strips. My Dr. instructions were to shower daily with antibacterial soap and use neosporin type ointment and cover w guaze or bandaides daily. . Didn't have any problems, but if you are that concerned please please call your Dr. that's what they get paided the big bucks for. Lol
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 90 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 309 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 356 views