Insurance Denial and Appeal

happy1957Maine
on 9/1/11 8:03 pm - ME
 I'm relatively new to this site and have been told there is a section with appeal letter samples which I have not been able to find. Please help. I have been denied for a low BMI in 2009, due to diet and exercise of course, although my weight was fine in 2008, 2010 and 2011.I have Aetna.. anyone have suggestions? 

kanga003
on 9/1/11 9:09 pm
Sorry, no help with the appeal, but I am in Maine too :-)

Let me know if you'd like to chat!

Best of luck!!!
soulsister
on 9/1/11 11:32 pm - NY
I spent hours on appeal letters, appealed 2x and lost both. I hope you have better luck than me. I was denied due to too low bmi too. If you search appeal letters in the search box a lot will appear.
I am going to mexico. It isn't all that expensive and it seems like a few drs. There have more experience than here ( with my dr. here that was the case)
Good luck!
Rekeca
on 9/1/11 11:35 pm - NC
Hey,
I have Aetna and was denied due to low BMI in 2009 as well. I appealed and the decision was reveresed. I will have to find a copy of my appeal letter. If you PM me your email address. I will email you a copy when I find it. I don't konw if its saved at home or at work.

B. Bap
on 9/2/11 12:41 am
I was also denied 2xs. If you any one is intereseted. Send me your email and I wll send you my apeal letter.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 93 views