OT - I'm being tested, and I'm REALLY ticked

koshermama
on 9/8/11 10:32 pm

AAAARGH!!!! I just got some news that makes me REALLY unhappy, that may be a real challenge to deal with, that I probably have little to no influence over! AND I can't turn to food to calm myself!! I am just praying for the strength to handle this diplomatically. I can't go into details but I am just sooooooooooooo mad!!!!!!!  I am conflicted about posting this too but I just need to stay calm... anyway I can... for several hours today and possibly ongoing...     

HW 310, SW 307, CW 259, LW 7.5, Goal 150

Shalom aleichem! Join us...  Keeping Kosher After WLS    
brownowl
on 9/8/11 10:38 pm
ohhhh i hope you are ok, try and take your anger out on something else, go and get a piece of wood and a nails and hammer and just knock the hell out of them, or distract yourself by cleaning the house from top to bottom take it out on the v *** cleaner or the duster, hope you feel better tonight xxxx
wanttobehalfofme
on 9/8/11 11:17 pm - MI
I know what you are talking about between the hubby being an a$$hole and money problems right now I feel lost because I used food in the past to turn to.  So now I am try out different things that aren't harmful.  
sswanky
on 9/9/11 12:28 am
good luck...it is challenging dealing with everyday life without my drug of choice, food...Prayer is an awesome option.  Therapy is helping me.     I hope and pray you are able to face this new challenge with grace.

joie_de_sleeve
on 9/9/11 12:42 am, edited 9/9/11 12:44 am - IN
I don't know what the situtation is but, if it involves an annoyance at your job, I've found popping bubblewrap to be a great alternative to crunching on chips. Sounds weird, but it helps. I had to use this technique earlier this week.

VSG 7/26/11

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

koshermama
on 9/9/11 5:39 am
I love this!!! What a funny idea!! There are also a couple websites where you can pop bubblewrap with your mouse!

kimbethin
on 9/9/11 12:59 am - CA
I know it sounds crazy when we are used to turning to food, but try exersize.  It will give you some happy hormones and you will feel stronger because you did fall back on an old crutch.  I hope everything gets better for you.
putting one foot in front of the other...        
J.e.t.
on 9/9/11 1:54 am
 Obviously, without knowing the issues, it's hard to be specifically helpful.  I know that when I am dealing with something that is out of my control, I have to remind myself that what will be will be.  The universe (or whatever) is in charge, and the only thing I can effect is my own reaction.  I know that I always want to be the one controlling myself, not to be in a position of reacting.  The other thing that I always try to remind myself is that SO often in my life disappointments, or crises have led to much better outcomes than what I originally wanted so much.  Does that make sense?  All sorts of things--relationships, jobs, houses, fill in the blank--when I've been disappointed, I've almost always later found that whatever I got instead turned out to be better in the long run.

Hang in there, go to a calm space if you can, and remember that whatever it is, this too shall pass.

HW 263, 3lbs lost prior to surgery,  weight loss ticker is since surgery.

koshermama
on 9/9/11 5:45 am
Thanks everyone... I really needed to get that out at the time! I called a friend while on my way to the Scene Of The Crime LOL... and it really helped. And of course, most of the time these things aren't as bad as we make them out to be...LOL