The 700+ Lb woman on Dr Oz yesterday OYYYYYYYY!

Lisa J.
on 9/23/11 2:05 am - OK
I don't think I've ever seen anyone in SUCH denial about her weight or health. She doesn't care that her boys are concerned and worried--she's a single parent. This woman apparently makes money on the internet because there are men out there with "fat fetishes" and they pay for her webcam services. OMG.

You cannot tell me or make me believe EVER that you're happy with your weight at 700+ and climbing. Her goal apparently is to be the fattest woman alive. I find it hard to believe that she makes enough money to live on with this crap but, who knows.

She sat their smirking and smiling while the audience and Dr Oz were about ready to scream at her, shaking their heads in disbelief and shock. Obviously in clear defiance and denial, this woman had an answer for everything. All she's concerned with is that she can still walk!! OMG! What's it going to take til she can't? She obviously eats an enormous amount of food (as the video shows) and her sons are pudgy as well. Because children and adults are mean and mouthy about fat people, as we know, her boys take a lot of crap at school. No doubt.

I KNOW how dismal it seems, I KNOW how depressed a person gets, I KNOW how futile it is, I KNOW how dejected you become--that's why WE'RE all here....we said "NO MORE" and we made the choice to change. I don't know if she's afraid of losing her income over being some fat internet freak (to each their own, I suppose) but there is no way in hell I'm going to believe she's HAPPY about being incredibly super morbidly obese.

I was so grossed out by her and her denial it made me sick. And sorry for her! I know that I now have a bit of a prejudice about fat people at this point--mostly because I feel for them, I see myself in them, the denial, the avoidance, the second class feeling, all that **** I get it! I know everyone cannot afford to or want to have surgery but I wi**** were available to everyone who DID.

It won't be a surprise when she strokes out or throws a clot. It will be devastating for her children and she's choosing to cram her face instead of choosing to stick around for her children that she brought onto this earth. I pity them. Sorry that this ****** me off so much, but it is what it is.

She's not living. She's eating herself to death.
LabMomma
on 9/23/11 2:18 am
VSG on 09/27/10 with
Let's hope that Child Protective Services saw that show & takes those children away from her. She obviously is not caring for them as they should be. She is not physically or mentally capable. They are going to come home one day & find her dead and that will traumatize them forever.

I feel so sorry for really obese people now. I wish I could shake them & tell them to get surgery and get rid of the weight, that it will make them feel SO much better. I know that exercise & diet just wont' work for a lot of us. We need more help.

atomic_bettie
on 9/23/11 2:21 am - OK
I didn'****ch the episode, but maybe subconsciously she's using the internet business as a way of getting what she sees as positive attention and admiration.  How old were her sons??  I'm sure they go through hell at school.  Did the episode say how often she goes into public?  My hypothesis is that she probably is a homebody so she doesn't hear the ridicule from the public.  She probably only sees her family and the perverts on her webcam which enable her.  Another question, did her sons seem to sugarcoat the truth or were they adament?  I'm a Psychology major so I really wish I would've seen this episode.  When I get my Ph. D. I want to work with Bariatric patients like Dr. Keller :).  I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to intern with him.  Anyway lol....

As for the prejudice, I can see where you are coming from, even though, I just got my surgery the 6th and am nowhere close to my goal weight, I still dress as nice as I can and groom myself.  But it KILLS me when I go into Walmart and I see a girl my size using the damn electronic carts while a 90 year grandma is trying to push a shopping cart and dragging her walker behind her.  I just think that if I can walk 9 hours a day in high heels she can at least buy her Snackwells while walking.  That is my all time pet peeve.
Visit my WLS blog:  themisfitscarlett.blogspot.com                                    
(deactivated member)
on 9/23/11 2:24 am
I really truely believe that people who are in that super morbidly obese situation do not love themselves like that.  Although they profess to "love themselves just the way they are" and put on a happy face like they are content to make themselves as beautiful as possible and enjoy life including those tall milkshakes full of fat, we all know what it is to be fat....on the inside they are not what they purport to be.   They are just like we were but have not come to the place mentally where they truely think they can do anything about it.  The work to become thin or healthy is daunting and for someone 700 lbs there is probably no reality in their minds.  So they put on a happy face and act like they are happy with themselves.  They are not just afraid of failure but truthfully don't see a way out.   I saw some commercials for some reality series about fat girls who love being fat and I thought how sad, no way do those beautiful girls want to be fat.  I'm sure they have lots of come backs and well thought answers but inside each fat person is a thin person who wants to fit on the rides, be carried by their husbands, wipe their butts normally, relax in a bathtub of hot bubbles, fit on the airplane in one seat without an extender, play with their kids and live to be 99.  Just like an alcoholic or a smoker, everyone has to come to that place where they want help on their own and in their own time. 
injeneral
on 9/23/11 2:24 am
I didn't see the show but I did see the previews and some other news segments about her (she's the one who jumped into the pool, right? or more "fell" in?)
I agree with you. That defiance is really sad and she's killing herself and seems HAPPY about it. I don't really feel sorry for her because not only is she choosing that unhealthy lifestyle, but she's choosing to exploit it. And that "attention *****ishness" can be even more damaging to her children. Especially when it's paired wit the reality that, at the rate she's going, she will not live to see them grow up.
I think it's incredibly selfish and foolish of her to act the way she's acting. I feel very sorry for her children and really hope that they have close extended family members around who will be there for them when they lose their mother.
LilySlim Weight loss tickers                        
HT: 5'3"      HW: 240     GW: 130     AGE: 30     PCOSer; diagnosed 2003
Month 1:  -21.2 (218.8)   Month 2: -10 (208.8)   Month 3: -10.6 (198.2)   Month 4: -8.6 (189.6)
First goal (to be under 200): Nov. 11; 199.2
Second goal: weigh less than my husband (174):

I want to think again of dangerous and noble things. I want to be light and frolicsome. I want to be improbable, beautiful and afraid of nothing as though I had wings. — Mary Oliver

onemoretry
on 9/23/11 2:59 am - GA
VSG on 03/21/12
Lisa, I saw the show and I agree with everything you said. I can't believe for one minute that she truly thinks she is going to make it to 1800lbs and live. WTF kind of goal is that anyway? She has to know she will be dead long before then and if she does make it, she surley won't live much longer.

I pray she goes home and takes the help Dr. Oz is trying to give to her.
smbergie200
on 9/23/11 3:14 am - Naples, FL
 The only explanation I can possibly believe is that she is mentally ill and needs to be locked up. 

Plastics - Extended Tummy Tuck - February 6th 2013

George B.
on 9/23/11 3:19 am - Miami, FL
Terrible thing to see. The woman certainly has multiple issues and the kids are suffering because of her actions. 

Lisa J.
on 9/23/11 4:21 am, edited 9/23/11 4:37 am - OK
I'm sorry I came off as such a harsh ***** -- I was really affected by it obviously. I really feel for this woman and others like her....and yet it makes me SO mad!

We are the lucky ones--the ones who made a commitment, the ones who'd had enough, the ones even without support who made a decision to change their lives.

At 277 lbs I knew the feeling of constant failure and the daily, hourly guilt, hopelessness, isolation etc....and putting on a happy face instead. Many of us knew all of that and more. What is it that makes us WLS people different? It's not strictly the ability to get the surgery--it's more than that.

I don't recall hearing what ages her boys were but I'd guess 8 and 10 or thereabouts. For her to be so blaise about "we'll talk about it if they want to" kind of response is complete bull**** They have almost no shot of being healthy themselves, living a normal life, having any kind of parental support, enjoying a childhood, and decades of all kinds of their own personal troubles because of their mom.

http://www.doctoroz.com//videos/dying-be-fattest-woman-pt-1

You can't not know who Dr Oz is and how vigilant he is about being healthy and helping people, making them own up to their own bodies, and then arrive on his show and NOT expect him to nail you down with questions...so maybe this was her way to try to end the vicious cycle? I hope so.
Lisa J
HW: 277   Day of Surgery: 234    CW: 161 Goal: 135 sounds good but....? Who knows!

HW/277   EVAL/260  PREOP/246  SURGERY DAY/243   CW/162 1/3/2011
Watson
on 9/23/11 5:08 am
VSG on 06/08/10 with
I feel the same way you do. When I saw this yesterday, I was in disbelief and I wanted to cry my eyes out for her to get the help she needs before it's to late. I wish that he kids and whatever family and friends that she has will convince her on what she is doing to herself and to get HELP NOW. Oh please God do some for this poor soul that was on The Dr. Oz Show yesterday get the help she needs now before it's to late.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 73 views