Post Op Report - 3 Weeks today

mbennett66
on 9/27/11 2:50 am - TN
Hey gang.  Just felt like filing a report.  Today im three weeks out from surgery.  Im down 25# according to my home scale.  Its nice to see it and feel it.  Already need to clean the closet out.  Still on full liquid schedule up to the weekend. 

Things I have noticed:

Somewhat tired sometimes more than others.  Im sure that is just the low calorie intake.

Still sore off and on in my shoulder.  Feels like I slept on it wrong.  I also had a hernia repair at the time of surgery so other diaphram work contributing to the ache.  Im paranoid about a leak but the Dr said if its just some shoulder pain to not worry.  A leak is going to most likely have fever and Im just going to feel horrible.  I don't feel bad other than a bit tired.

If I take a drink or few to fast I can still fill it set at the top of my stomach (where hiatal hernia was repaired) and then gurgle down into the belly.  Dr said the hernia repair is extra tight due ot the sleeve work as well. 

Hope everyone else is doing well.  I would love to hear some other feedback from VSGers on how they felt a few weeks out.  I hate this leak paranoia........but hopefully it will be gone soon.

Thanks.
Micah.

Micah B
Murfreesboro TN
VSG on 09-06-11

(deactivated member)
on 9/27/11 3:24 am
I am three weeks out also and am feeling great. I can't wait to get off all liquids! This went much easier than I thought it would. My doc did a swallow test at my followup appointment and no leak, and everything looked good.

Todd T.
on 9/27/11 3:41 am, edited 9/27/11 3:41 am
i'm three weeks out tomorrow and been off liquids for a little while now and its either this thursday or next where i can have more than mushy's.

I am constantly tired as well and all the leak talk has me concerned for no reason; just ignore the leak stories on the board for now;)

I'm now down 60 pounds since a week before surgery.

Todd
deb.c
on 9/27/11 3:55 am
looks like a fewof us at 3 weeks scale finally moved a liitle more bown 20with in cluding pre-opt 66 togo ya for us good job everyone
hi having sleeve on sept 6 band coming out has any one had this?            
Crystal M.
on 9/27/11 4:24 am - El Paso, TX
Wow! 60 lbs at three weeks! Doing the happy dance for you, Todd!
It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not.                

Crystal M.
on 9/27/11 4:22 am - El Paso, TX
I am also 3 weeks out today, and feeling good. Am down 27 lbs (21 lbs since surgery). I also get tired easily and like you, I think it's mainly due to not enough calories.

I still have of pain & swelling in the left side of my abdomen, but I think this is more due to the hemotoma (complications following surgery - Lovenox caused bleeding inside the abdominal wall) than to the surgery itself. Somedays it's bad & other days it's not so bad. But overall, it's getting better as time goes by.

I am allowed soft foods now, but I have little appetite, so many days I eat nothing. When I do eat, it's usually cream soups. I've also tried mashed avocado, scrambled egg, chicken salad, and mashed potatoes. I tolerated them all just fine. However, I mostly just don't feel like eating, so I just drink liquids all day.

I did develop some lactose intolerance, and switched from whey protein powder to Nectar whey isolate protein powder. It is fruity instead of sweet and I mix it with water, so it doesn't fill me up the way the chocolate shakes did. 

It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not.                

Paige V.
on 9/27/11 4:48 am - Gainesville, FL
I am two weeks out and feel pretty much like you, though 90% of the soreness has went away. Are you eating anything yet or still on liquids?

I also noticed you live in Murfreesboro. We keep looking of places to relocate to (either Tn or NC) that has a VA and Murfreesboro is one we keep seeing. How do you like it? How is the weather? We want somewhere cooler than Fl!

visit my blog at www.thenursemommy.com!
start weight-288 pre-op -5lbs month 1-23lbs month2-14lbs month 3-minus 13lbs month4-minus 12lbs month5-13lbs month 6-8lbs   GOAL-21months out after having a post-WLS baby!

dcamacho01
on 9/27/11 8:35 am
Hi Micah,

I am three weeks today and I was doing good until last Thursday when I forgot to take my stomach pill in the morning. I eventually took it in the afternoon and I had to take another one before my third meal that day. I built too much acid and screwed up my apetite. I have been feeling tired and dehydrated and I am not consuming the 60 grams of protein a day nor the 65 onces of water required. I called my nutritionist today and recommended to go back into liquid protein today (Iwas in mushy foods) and tomorrow so I can regain my apetite and my strenght. I weighted myself today and I am 247.5 from 266 on the day of surgery and from 273 when I began the trip to the surgery.

I am very happy you are doing well and everyone else on the blog and I am hoping I regain my strenght so I can go back to the gym.

I also thought of leakage but I had the test done after surgery and everything was fine.

Diana
Diana

mbennett66
on 9/28/11 2:24 am - TN
Just a quick update.  As I was reading more yesterday, more and more brought up shoulder pain associated with GAS.  I know have had GAS.  Stopped and got some Gas-X chewable tabs yesterday. 

Difference was almost immediate and the +antacid tabs take care of my calcium requirement as well.

Much less achey today. 
Micah B
Murfreesboro TN
VSG on 09-06-11

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views