Dr Peter Henderson in Raleigh NC

watchmenow
on 10/4/11 8:51 am

My surgery was done by Dr Peter Henderson in Raleigh NC on Sept 26 '11.  I chose Dr Henderson because of his experience.  My recovery has been uneventful.  He did a great job.  My husband can hardly see my scars.  I was so afraid because of all the horror stories I have read.  I only had a 1 night hospital stay  at Rex Hospital.  Rex has nurses to attend to gastric patients only.  I was well taken care of. 

I like calling North Carolina home!!!  Go Tarheels!  

roundater
on 10/4/11 9:22 am - Lincoln, NE
Glad to hear it went smoothly. Mine did too. Sounds like both of us have good starts to our journeys. Good luck to you.
Rich Sonderegger

FAITHin2011
on 10/5/11 4:08 am - NC
I also had my VSG surgery with Dr Henderson on August 8, 2011. I had to stay 2 nights at Rex and I've also been so lucky not to have had any complications. He actually recommended that I have the bypass operation when first met with him even though after my research I wanted the VSG. I was scheduled for the bypass back in June and cancelled the day before because I did not have peace about that at all. I met with him again and told him my concerns and he was willing to do the VSG. Im so glad I didnt go through with the bypass. I am actually considered a lightweight being I weighed 198 the day of my surgery. I had only lost 16 pounds at my first month appointment. However, I found out that I was only consuming 200-300 calories a day and my body was in starvation mode. I increased my calories and am trying to get at least 48 ounces of fluid in which is so hard but Ive lost 10 pounds since Sept 21. So far, I love my sleeve.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 71 views