Two Weeks Postop and I hate these shakes

Tee78
on 10/4/11 12:31 pm
Please tell me how to cope. I am so tired of these shakes.
IndyVSG74
on 10/4/11 12:36 pm - IN
I don't like sweet shakes, so I buy unflavored Syntrax Nectar protein, and mix 2 scoops of protein with about 3 oz of 1% milk and about 7 oz of decaf. I also add a little splenda and it's not too bad at all, and about 23-24 grams of protein.
~Megan
Sleeved 8/10/11

Jackie00
on 10/4/11 12:37 pm
Tired of them as well, I am allowed mushies on Friday but going to tolerate the liquids for as long as I can. Try to switch up the flavors of your protein drinks, I just try to keep myself busy still, I still have 4 glasses of water to get in before I can go to bed lol it is 11:35pm here.

I am of course going to try a small amount of mushies and sorry Thanksgiving is this weekend so I am going to be trying Turkey Oh the smell that will be going through my moms house, I can't wait and I will try and take a slice or two back home with me. I have a turkey in my freezer but with me and 2 children it lasts a long time and now where I can't eat that much it would be a waste to cook it. Maybe a few months down the road. I use to make a sheppard's turkey pie afterwards with all of my left overs but I don't think it will be any good to use gravy or the potatoes. I will just slice it up in 2oz packages and pull it out of the freezer over time or just invite some family over. I think it is going to be hard for me to just eat turkey alone but hopefully I will get the full feeling quickly before I can eat anymore. I usally get the hiccup.
Sleeved 15-Sept-2011 HW 294 Pre op weight 285 SW 279 GW 145?
Pre op 6 lbs lost, M1 - 23 lbs M2 - 11 lbs M3 - 12 M4 - 6 M5 -10 M6 -10 M7 -7 M8 - 4 M9 - 4
M10- 4 M11 - 5 M12 - 0

lanunes
on 10/4/11 12:40 pm - CA
 I quickly lost my ability to tolerate the shakes as well. I luckily found a great protein drink while I was in the hospital that my doctor also sells. It's called Healthwise protein drinks. They are basically like drinking juice. My favorite was the pineapple-orange at first then have changed to my favorite being the cran-grape. The cran-grape is bitter and just like the juice itself. 
      Leslie Nunes              
Tee78
on 10/4/11 12:49 pm
Thanks for the ideas and the support
Vegasmomofgirls
on 10/4/11 1:00 pm - NV
someone also suggested isopure, they're not bad, I bought a couple earlier today and are also like fruit drinks. Also I've been doing smoothie/shakes with fruit in a blender, my protein powder, skim milk and I threw in my vitamins also.. tasted like a fruit smoothie, was good.

VSG revision from LB 9/30/11 
Theresa Z.
on 10/4/11 1:08 pm - Dayton, OH
Mixing up the flavors is the best way to do it. I buy packets of the protein powder and use the Torani syrups to mix it up. I currently am using a lot of chocolate powder and peppermint sf syrup. Yummm!!! I also throw in some silken tofu, no taste and adds 5 extra grams of protein so I usually only have to have one shake a day.

Today I did vanilla powder, a whole peach and a cup of strawberries with a dash of sf vanilla syrup. It was very refreshing and delicious.

Here are some links for shake recipes and protein ice cream ideas:
http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2008/08/protein-ice-cream.html

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2007/06/my-favorite-protein-shake-recipes.html

LabMomma
on 10/4/11 1:27 pm
VSG on 09/27/10 with
I absolutely SWEAR by Vanilla Whey protein powder by Jay Robb. Blend it with some frozen fruit, a little ice, plain Greek yogurt & milk. Drink it cold & it is wonderful!!

If you buy the vanilla flavor protein powder, you can change to a different fruit or even coco powder every day. I also use powdered espresso with the vanilla protein powder to make a mocha... nummy!

bigmama3
on 10/5/11 12:31 am

my physician/nutritionist allowed me to have greek yogurt after 5 days (no fruit).  i lived on this until the mushy stage, as I couldn't tolerate the protein drinks.

CW - 125 (20 lbs. below goal)

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 84 views