Hi Everyone

cryssyd
on 10/12/11 12:11 am - NY
I've been lurking around the board for a while reading evryone's journey.  I was finally given my surgey date: 12/14.  I am a bit nervous.  I started my partial liquid diet ( optifast) yesterday and so far I am ok, not hungry, not craving anything. I hope i can keep it up. i have to lose about 30 lbs before surgery.  Three weeks before surgery I have to go on a full liquid diet.  Its nice to know you guys are out there and understand the struggle.
Happy966
on 10/12/11 12:26 am

I'm sure you are nervous, that's very natural.  I had a very easy time, and while that's not universally true, many people really do sail through with no problems whatsoever. 

I think the pre-op diet before surgery is the hardest part of the process in many ways.  You don't have the benefit of the surgery, and so have to struggle with normal hunger and food withdrawal.  I didn't have a liqud pre-op diet, just very low carbs and I had to do it one day at a time, with a little white knuckling thrown in. 

Everything since surgery has been much, much easier.  Keep your eye on the prize!

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

Maryatt50
on 10/12/11 1:59 am
 Welcome!  I am sure your will do just fine.  Good Luck with everything.
jojomoe523
on 10/12/11 2:24 am - PA
congrats on getting a date! you will do fine. Good luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 76 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 278 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views