Exercise Evaluation

woon
on 10/12/11 1:59 pm - WV
I am new and this is my first post. I am in the process of gaining approval from my Ins. Most of what I am being ask to do are things I have read that most of you have gone through. However today I received an appointment scheduled for an exercise evaluation. Anyone gotta clue?

Elaine2
on 10/13/11 8:45 am - Atlanta, GA

Sorry I read this so late---must be about 24 hours ago that you posted.

As part of my surgeon's requirements (not ins), I had to meet with the exercise physiologist (sp?)----who happens to be the director of the rehab center and gym connected with the hospital. Just so happens that it's the gym that I joined several years ago (since they had a pool).
That said---we just talked about the importance of exercise and she set me up with 3 free session with one of the trainers.  Worked to my benefit...Wouldn't worry about it.

Twizzled D.
on 10/13/11 10:18 am
 I just had my exercise evaluation today - I'm also new and in the process of doing the pre-work for insurance approval. My surgeon gave me the option of going through someone they recommend or going to my own gym. I chose to use my own gym, since I'm already paying the membership there and why pay a second gym fee if I've already got one? 

It was really informative. I kind of wish I'd gone for the trainer appointment a long time ago. The trainer spent an hour with me, talked about my goals pre and post surgery (for weight loss and toning), how much time I spend at the gym now, what I do (and he told me about some things I was doing wrong), and what I was doing with my diet. 

I thought it was informative and I'm glad my insurance company requires the consultation. I really did learn a lot, and I'm going back tomorrow night for a butt-kicking first workout (yep, skipping Friday happy hour to exercise. First in a long long lifetime of lifestyle choices I'm making for me :) )

Good luck to you!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 90 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 307 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 354 views