So gross!

rochelle111
on 10/13/11 11:25 pm - Australia
Im on my second week of shakes for the pre op diet with another week to go, the thought of having another shake makes me want to go, I've already lost 8kgs in 1 week (Im Australian so it would be around 17pounds) which is great but I feel so tired and sick, where do we get the energy from because I am not feeling it!

Thanks!

BethR311
on 10/13/11 11:51 pm - Fort Wayne, IN
Can you get some Unjury chicken soup flavor? It's a great break from the sweet shakes. Hang in there!

Open yourself to possibility and possibility will present itself.
cindibarre
on 10/13/11 11:54 pm - Danforth, ME
Rochelle-

Did your doctors office or nutritionist give you a meal plan for pre-op diet.  I was allowed yogurt, skim milk, carnation instant breakfast and creamed soups during the pre-op.  I lost a similar amount of weight pre-op and same post-op in the liquid diet.  I think some of the fatique that you feel is your body adjusting to such a drastic change.  It's also stress waiting for the surgery day.  Hang in there it will get better.

Cindi

HW - 351 SW 0 342  SurgW - 298!  1st. Seminar July 2010 Surgery  August 1, 2011  
Rekeca
on 10/14/11 1:11 am - NC
I suffered extreme fatigue as well. If I walked to the bathroom I was tired. The only thing I can tell you is that it will subside eventually and you will begin to have more energy then you have ever imagined. I agree with the other poster, you need to vary your diet so you won't get burned out on one thing.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 90 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 308 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 355 views