doctors note for return to work and out of work screwed up... frustrating

BETHC500
on 11/4/11 3:37 am
Ok so, I have surgery scheduled tomorrow.  Apparently the doctors note is screwed up. So I have been making calls over and over again for the last few days. So many excuses... I spoke to three different people and its still not done right.  I gave them the fax number for my works human resources dept.  All they need is a simple statement about how long I will be out and when I will return. And what restrictions I have. I mean a simple handwritten note faxed would work. But they had to send it to dictation or something and they are waiting for it to come back... My goodness... its ridiculous.  I am suppose to get some sleep tonight and go in for surgery tomorrow morning. I am stressin out. I dont want to have to deal with this junk when I get out of the hospital. Is this some sign that I should cancel and try again later. I have everything all set, I worked so hard to get the process done as smoothly as possible. i lost the weight I needed before surgery. uhhhhhgggg........ Ok thanks for lettin me vent... blahhhhhhhhhh...
VegasLAbound
on 11/4/11 4:58 am - Cleveland, OH
It will work out and just be sure that you have done everything to ensure you have a job when you return to work. Other than that please dont reschedule. I truly love my doctor but his staff are complete idiots and that also caused me a little bit of a headace but rest assured your health is most important and you should proceed as planned. Good luck and God bless tomorrow.
46_11tobeme
on 11/4/11 6:45 am - NJ
 I was also stressed about this before surgery because I had no answer to how long I was approved for STD, when I would get back to work, etc. It took about a week post op to start to get answers, and yesterday got the final answer on when I could return to work (not from MD but from work). My MD keeps saying 3-4 weeks, but my job requires a lot of lifting and long drives. I was approved for 6 weeks which makes me feel so much better - If I feel up to it I can always return earlier.  You have enough to worry about with surgery tomorrow. I hope this gets resolved soon for you. GOOD LUCK with your surgery!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 270 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views