Getting over last minute nerves

KnitterNY
on 11/6/11 11:58 am - NY
Well, my surgery date is Thursday. I have total confidence in my fabulous surgeon. I am as prepared as I can be. But now, oh boy, I am getting big time butterflies. I have lots of "what ifs" running through my head. I'm trying to take deep breaths and reminding myself of all the reasons I chose to do this in the first place. Any advice on getting over the last minute panic before surgery?

Thanks,
Rebecca
ruggie
on 11/6/11 12:04 pm - Sacramento, CA
Ha!

I nearly bailed about 10 minutes before surgery, all dressed up in my gown on a gurney!

Butterflies are normal.  You'll go to sleep, wake up, and be on the loser's bench.

Don't worry about not panicing - it's healthy.  Just don't act on it.  Good luck to you this week!

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

LNOFCAL
on 11/6/11 12:10 pm - CA
It's good to hear that you are nervous.  My surgery is next Monday.  I think I'm ready too, but I'm nervous.  Good luck.
scorp2413
on 11/6/11 12:11 pm - orchard park, NY
That is how I felt on Friday. I am currently 9 hours away from surgery. I bailed out of the lapband about 5 years ago 1 week prior. It is differently this time, even though I did have the OMG thoughts, I know that this is the best thing for me. I will slide over on the loser's bench on Thursday whn you join us!

Jackie00
on 11/6/11 12:26 pm
My only upsetting part was getting out of the car to go into the airport while my baby was in the backseat. I did sit in the backseat on the way with my arm around my baby. Kisses on the way out then saying see ya later to my dad. I just knew I had to make it ok to be with my children. The tears were almost flowing but I had to pull it together quickly so just didn't talk much because I didn't want my dad to know that I was a bit scared, I was mostly excited but that was the hardest part for me. My baby was mad at me when I got back home and wouldn't come near me for a couple of days until my parents left then things got better. My family laughed at how stubborn my baby was, I couldn't even get a kiss or a hug for 2-3 days it broke my heart. That is the punishment I get for going away for a few days.
Sleeved 15-Sept-2011 HW 294 Pre op weight 285 SW 279 GW 145?
Pre op 6 lbs lost, M1 - 23 lbs M2 - 11 lbs M3 - 12 M4 - 6 M5 -10 M6 -10 M7 -7 M8 - 4 M9 - 4
M10- 4 M11 - 5 M12 - 0

urmisnshin2
on 11/6/11 12:38 pm - TX
I too...was ready to bolt straight from the holding area thinking about all the what if's. ...Thank god for the anesthesiologist who was listening and slipped a little something in my IV while he was talking to me...Then, and only then did I calm down..lol
Good Luck on your surgery!

HW 280  SW 260 CW 155 GW 160      

newme2011-2012
on 11/6/11 12:43 pm
I am Thursday also .. I am really over the what if's and not feeling scared at all. I just want time to go faster and have it over with. I am so ready to do this and be on with my life as a thinner person. I am tired of aching and sore joints etc... Hope these next few days go super fast!!!
Good luck KnitterNY!!
See you on the losers bench..
Julie
  Highest weight 330 - GW 150  

Lilo27Stitch
on 11/6/11 12:43 pm
 Thank you for posting this. My surgery is scheduled for this Wednesday (November 9th) and I'm excited but scared to death. I'm happy to read that I'm not the only one with second thoughts. I know this is the right decision for me, I just wi**** was one year from now!! Good luck this week on your surgery!! This time next week we will be saying how silly we were and how happy we have become! 
Kim_M
on 11/6/11 7:26 pm - LaPorte, TX
Look on the bright side you are normal!!!!Welcome

First month since VSG 33  2nd 14 lbs 3rd12lbs 4th10lbs 5th10lbs 6th 9lbs 7th 13lbs 8th 13 lbs  9th 2 10th 6 11th bounced 175-180 12th  bounced  13th 2 lb cw(164)      
dwntwnbrown
on 11/6/11 7:56 pm
Very normal to feel the way you do.  I had some many different positive and negarive scenarios going through my head right up to the moment they directed me to the surgery room.  Stay focused on the goal and think about how wonderful you are going to look and feel in the near future.  You have made a wonderful decision and you should be proud of yourself for taking the first step on your journey.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views