Sleeve swelling

apple55
on 11/7/11 4:01 am
How long does it take for sleeve swelling to go down, I am currently three weeks out.

Marcia B.
on 11/7/11 4:18 am - CA
My surgeon told me that 6 to 8 weeks till most of the swelling is gone but it always depends on the person.  :)
Philippians 4:13 -  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

SkinnyJeansSoon
on 11/7/11 4:20 am
I am about 5 days farther out than you and I have noticed a big difference in the last week. I am able to gulp liquids and finished an 11oz Atkins shake this morning in under an hour.

(VSG - 10/20/2011)
HT: 5'9

Pkrplyr777
on 11/7/11 7:03 am - CT
Oh How I Feel Your Concern!

I was swelled up for almost 6 weeks. But on a good note?....when the swelling finally started to go down I felt FANTASTIC!

I've always swelled up after surgery so I was not concerned just irritated. LOL.

When your body is ready the swelling will go down and you will be feeling great.

Good luck.
Donna
  HW/233 *  SW/212 * CW/133 *GW/132 * 100 Pounds of FAT gone FOREVER!

Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple~Dr.Suess            
apple55
on 11/7/11 8:39 am
Good because sometimes I am so thirsty, but I can't fully satisfy the thirst because of the discomfort of trying to get aoo of the fluid in.

Pkrplyr777
on 11/7/11 9:41 am - CT
My NUT told me to sip my fluids all day and not to worry about it too much in the beginning.
She told me to watch if my lips/mouth felt dry and/or my urine was dark then I wasn't drinking enough.

Otherwise just work at getting into the habit of sipping all day.

so far so good.
good luck with your journey.
donna
  HW/233 *  SW/212 * CW/133 *GW/132 * 100 Pounds of FAT gone FOREVER!

Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple~Dr.Suess            
Most Active
Recent Topics