gastric sleeve recovery with little one

jodi80
on 11/8/11 9:21 am
I am scheduled to have surgery in a week and reality is sinking in... I am so excited to have a second chance at life, I guess it's just the what ifs (I'm sure we all get them) My question is I have young baby 6 months old, is there anyone out there that had the gastric sleeve that had a baby?? If so were you able to care for the baby right after you came home.. looking for some insight on recovery... Thanks
Stephanie M.
on 11/8/11 9:38 am
My daughter was one when I had surgery. I couldn't lift her at all the first week, and wasn't comfortable being alone with her until the end of week two. Can you arrange for help?

High weight: 276

Lowest weight: 155.2

Currently : 159-164

Couch potato to runner in 18 months!                         

jodi80
on 11/8/11 9:41 am
Yes I do have help, for the 2 weeks I will be home
(deactivated member)
on 11/8/11 9:56 am
You'll need your own care for a couple of days but after that, I don't see any reason you can't at least feed/dress baby. But lifting is a no-no so good that you've got help for 2 weeks.

I was up and doing a lot after about day 5, but you wear out really fast. And forget laundry, don't pick up that basket. I made my older kids do all the laundry during that time and my mom stayed with me 2 weeks, so helpful.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 93 views