HOW MANY INCISIONS FOR VSG

BETHC500
on 11/8/11 7:36 pm
I was just wondering how many incisions you had for VSG surgery?  I came home with 7. Only one feels painful when I cough or sneeze. I think I read somewhere that it is probably the one where they took out the left over stomach piece.
Robin W.
on 11/8/11 7:48 pm - Severn, MD

Hi there,

I have 5 very tiny incisions, and 1 about two inches long for a grand total of 6. I'm two months out and they have totally healed to the point where they look like old chicken pox scars. The incision where the drain was placed was the longest to heal and hurt the most. I barely felt the others.

Robin    
tillmadd
on 11/8/11 9:53 pm - WI
 congrats on your healing! I am going home from hospital today. I have 8 incisions no drain but had a tumor and ovary removed at the same time as VSG. Are you having any gas? Did your doc send you home with any meds for gas? Just wondering? TIA
HW 314    SW 297 Thanks for the season Packers! 15-2!!
**CW 234 month 1-23 month 2-14 month 3-13 month 4-11 

jamienyc1026
on 11/8/11 9:57 pm - Bronx, NY
I have 5 in total, 4 of them very small and the larger one is on the inner rim of my belly button. I am 5 months post op.

(deactivated member)
on 11/8/11 10:01 pm
i have 7.   add that to the 5 from the lapband & 2 from an appendectomy - a small child could connect the dots and come up with the state of Ca.

Paige V.
on 11/8/11 10:15 pm - Gainesville, FL
I had one and one puncture spot. I had the single incision laproscopic sleeve though

visit my blog at www.thenursemommy.com!
start weight-288 pre-op -5lbs month 1-23lbs month2-14lbs month 3-minus 13lbs month4-minus 12lbs month5-13lbs month 6-8lbs   GOAL-21months out after having a post-WLS baby!

howarli
on 11/8/11 10:47 pm - MD
I have a total of 4........3 incisions and 1 for the drain

purplepeace79
on 11/8/11 10:52 pm - Bronx, NY
 I had 4 marks that are barely visible now
My c section scar and appendectomy scars are more apparent
SW: 364  Surgery Date: 6.21.11 *VSG*  LifeOfANappyHeadedFatChic.tumblr.com

wls2011
on 11/8/11 11:21 pm - Ballston Lake, NY
 5 total for me.

4 above belly button and 1 inside belly button....
mine would be a lot less noticeable by now, but I made the big mistake of sunning over the summer, and they darkened in color....the inside one is very pale, since it didn't see the sunlight.

I don't remember my actual incisions hurting, just being itchy....but my abdomen near the rib cage hurt for a few weeks post op. And I'd get a deep pain every once in awhile back then....

Alain Polynice Arm Lift & Revision BL 4/15/15

Alain Polynice Hernia Repair, Revision TT, Lipo Flanks 5/28/14

Dr. Lee Gallbladder Removal 5/28/14

Francisco Sauceda  TT & BL  6/3/13

Mitchell Roslin VSG 5/12/11

fypcdqt
on 11/9/11 12:07 am - Cumming, GA
Mine look like morse code - 3 short ones and a long one, so 4 total.  The biggest one is where he removed my stomach, and it actually re-opened when the steri-strip fell off, but it reclosed on its own within 2 days.  I freaked out a little, called my surgeon, and he told me to keep it clean and dry as long as it wasn't oozing, red, swollen or painful.  It healed on its own and now they are just pink.  I think they wouldn't be so noticeable except that I'm so pale I glow in the dark.  I am 2 months out and they seem to shrink and lighten a little more each day.

If the large one is still painful, or the muscle below it feels painful while it heals, my nurse suggested using a hot pad.

Congrats on your surgery and best of luck!

Amy

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 272 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views