Just got home from sleeve surgery

BETHC500
on 11/8/11 8:40 am
I had my surgery on Sat. I had a few complication, a bleeding incision outside at the wound site. My Iron levels dropped alot so I had to have two transfusions. Everything appears to be ok so far. Mostly sore and tired. One incision hurts when I cough but only then. The first day it was hard to use the breathing machine I forgot the name the one that you use to prevent getting phenomia after surgery. I feel much better today but really tired. Going to sip a shake and head to bed and hope to finally get some real sleep.
Laura2112
on 11/8/11 8:54 am - Austin, PA
 Congratz! Feel better soon~
Tina W.
on 11/8/11 9:02 am - Cartersville, GA
omg, the same thing happened to me and i had surgery 11/3/11! i had bleeding at my incision on the inside and had to get 7 infusions!!!!!! i didnt know if that was even possible! anywhoo, i am not feeling so good. I just got home today and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on the first few days bc i am so tired. I know i should be moving around but my energy level is so low and my stomach hurts. what are we supposed to do?
46_11tobeme
on 11/8/11 9:11 am - NJ
 I had a horrible time in the hospital with nausea, vomiting, pain - ended up staying 3 days. Could barely sip CL when i left. I did nothing but sleep and rest for a few days - I know we are supposed to walk around to avoid blood clots but thats hard to do when you feel like you are going to throw up. By 1 week post op I was up and about a little more - took a 15 min walk once a day. Now I am 2 weeks post op and walked 25 min and even put away some laundry and went to the store. You are recovering from major surgery so let your body heal. Still dont have much energy but it comes back a little more each day. Good luck!

funprecious
on 11/8/11 9:35 am - San Francisco, CA
oh wow so sorry you're getting off to a rough start. Some us did as well and congratulations on one of the best decisions you'll ever make. My recovery wasn't as bad as yours but it is all worth it in the end. I thought I would never say I weighed ONE HUNDRED AND.......ANYTHING!

good luck 

fat weight    
BETHC500
on 11/8/11 10:04 am
Thanks for the encouragement. I just didnt realize all the little things that I didnt ask before surgery.  So far its not as painful as I thought it would be. I will hang in there and see what its like after a few weeks. I hope I hope I hope...
Kim_M
on 11/9/11 5:20 am - LaPorte, TX
Swellings peaks about 3rd day after that all good!!!!Life is great and you are on your way .Rest sip walk repeat keep on keep on the more yu do the faster you will feel better,Just walk around the house little trips add up

First month since VSG 33  2nd 14 lbs 3rd12lbs 4th10lbs 5th10lbs 6th 9lbs 7th 13lbs 8th 13 lbs  9th 2 10th 6 11th bounced 175-180 12th  bounced  13th 2 lb cw(164)      
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 275 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views