NERVES ARE SETTING IN!!!

amberk82
on 11/11/11 11:33 pm
It is getting closer and closer....Mon is the big day and I am SOOOOOOOO nervous!!! I think I ma making alot more of it than  should, but, this is still a surgery! I am excited all at the same time. My biggest question is how Im gonna feel when I wake up...I hear a lot of people complain of nausea and vomiting/dry heaves? I know the doc office said they load you up with nausea meds so I am not sure if that is everyone or not? I am not worried about the pain from surgery itself, I have had my stomach cut open before and it was no big deal to me...I guess it is fear from the unknown? 
wls2011
on 11/12/11 12:39 am - Ballston Lake, NY
Hang in there! It is so worth it....

I didn't have nausea, vomiting, or dry heaves....some do....some don't....I was fine till they tried to get me to eat jello w/ crushed meds in it on the second day...yuck! That did make me wanna gag...

Nerves are normal.....but it was a fairly easy surgery and recovery...I mean I woke up a bit disoriented & in some pain, but nothing so severe, I couldn't handle it.....I also hate hospitals and being away from my own environment, but it really went pretty fast and wasn't too bad....

Alain Polynice Arm Lift & Revision BL 4/15/15

Alain Polynice Hernia Repair, Revision TT, Lipo Flanks 5/28/14

Dr. Lee Gallbladder Removal 5/28/14

Francisco Sauceda  TT & BL  6/3/13

Mitchell Roslin VSG 5/12/11

tillmadd
on 11/12/11 12:53 am - WI
 No nauseas for my but they kept giving me meds in my IV so it must work...bearable pain not bad at all. i had a morphine pump I used day 1 and a bit on Day 2. Most discomfort was gas...i wasn't at all hungry.
HW 314    SW 297 Thanks for the season Packers! 15-2!!
**CW 234 month 1-23 month 2-14 month 3-13 month 4-11 

calired67
on 11/12/11 2:12 am - Redlands, CA
The only nausea I had was the first day. They came in to give me the pepcid in the IV. Whatever they used to flush the line I could taste in my mouth. Not everyone can. I vomited the dried bl
ood from the surgery but that was it. After that I was fine.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 317 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 363 views