stay in the hospital

jodi80
on 11/12/11 9:17 pm
I am curios if anyone else only spent one night in the hospital after surgery? From what I read most stay 2--3 nights... I go in on Tuesday and dr said I will go home Wednesday after they test for leaks.....
precious_diamond38
on 11/12/11 9:37 pm - VA
I had my surgery on wed oct 5th and released 6th .. Before i had surgery and when i found out i was approved it said out pt observation... The dr asked me a series of questions the day after surgery then said i was ok to go home... i had no problems...
(deactivated member)
on 11/12/11 10:24 pm - Joliet, IL
I will be going in on Monday an d discharged on Wednesday, I am sure if your not ready to come home for some reason they will not release you
(deactivated member)
on 11/12/11 10:30 pm
i had surgery @ 7am on a wed - went home @ 6pm the following thurs evening.

mstiffany2u2
on 11/12/11 10:42 pm - VA
well i was suppose to stay only 23 hrs and my Dr didnt do a leak test he said he felt comfortable enough that i wouldnt need one.....but after i got up to my room and wasnt able to drink they keep me in a day longer...so im sure one day is fine as long as there are no complications.

Savina
on 11/12/11 11:19 pm - NY
I had my VSG on 10/11/11 and discharged the next day without any problems.  I'm an RN and was doing mostly everything for myself in the hospital anyway.  The doc said to me beforehand if I was up walking, pee'ing, taking ice chips and some clear liquids and taking oral pain meds I could go home (and passing the leak test!)  I did all of those things without any problems.
MyOwnSunshine
on 11/13/11 1:10 am
My doc usually keeps her sleeve patients two nights, but I argued to go home after one.  I was walking and sipping fine, the liquid lortab was working well for me and I knew I would be more comfortable at home.

I work in a hospital, and they're not great places to be unless you really need to be there.  Too many opportunities for infection and other complications. 

I felt fine once I was home, didn't take pain meds past post-op day 4 and was out and about on post-op day 5.  I went back to the gym at 2 weeks, and back to work a few days later.  Easy, peasy!
" I am not at all concerned with appearing to be consistent. In my pursuit after Truth I have discarded many ideas and learnt many new things."  Ghandi            
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views