Walking after VSG, 2 weeks out

BETHC500
on 11/17/11 12:23 pm
I was wondering how much walking I should be doing each day.  I generally walk about 15 min in the morning, 20 minutes mid-day and about 15 min in the evening.  Also I have been walking around the house over and over again.  The doctor said to walk but didn't specify the length of time, etc...   How much did you walk at 2 weeks post op?

SassyItalian
on 11/17/11 12:25 pm - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
it sounds like you are doing great. as long as its just walking, you can do whatever your body is ok with in moderation.

i think breaking up your routine, especially at first, like you are doing is a good idea.

off to a good start, beth!

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

BETHC500
on 11/18/11 8:06 am

Thank You everybody, I was just trying to do as much as I can but not hurt myself. I feel better when I walk a little at a time many times a day.

katier825
on 11/17/11 10:03 pm
I don't know if there's a right or wrong answer. I'd just go by how you feel. Let your body tell you when it's enough. If you over do, cut it back a few minutes next time. It's great that you feel up to it!
howarli
on 11/17/11 10:23 pm - MD
I think you are doing just fine.......your body will let you know if you are over doing it or if you can tolerate a little more.

vacationlover
on 11/18/11 12:09 am
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views