Things to bring to the hospital?

Samantha H.
on 11/29/11 10:02 pm - Kuwait City, Kuwait
When I have my surgery, it will be the first time in my life that I have had to stay overnight in the hospital. I am at a complete loss as to what to bring! I will be there for 2 days and I know I should bring things like shampoo and body wash, but if any of you could give any advice on what helped you during your post-op phase in the hospital, I would really appreciate it!
cbz1815
on 11/29/11 10:13 pm
 I brought the clothes on my back, my toothbrush and paste, a brush and lip balm.   The hospital provided gown, robe, non-skid socks, and everything else I needed.  I was out in 24 hours so there wasn't time to shower or get bored.   I packed like everything would go great and it did.  Of course my house was only 15 minutes away and my family could have brought me anything else I needed if I ended up staying.   I did great and I hope you will too!
 http://images.obesityhelp.com/uploads/profile/1002835/tickers/cbz18154ffc4e0ad3061cc9a4a78b5c152e9570.png?1322016825
(deactivated member)
on 11/29/11 10:15 pm - Overland Park, KS
I brought some chapstick, soft, clean clothes to go home in, if you have a neck pillow that might be a good idea. Deodorant and maybe a book or puzzle books. I couldn't really get into watching tv because I was so tired and out of it. I wouldn't bring too much, you're probably not going to feel up to doing a whole lot besides resting :)
BJUpNorth
on 11/29/11 11:01 pm - MN
The two important things for me were the lip balm and the neck pillow. Those were especially good to have. Also I brought my own robe, tooth brush, hair brush, book and comfy clothes to go home in.
Best of luck to you. Things will go great and you will be on your way to a new and healthier you.
Brenda

dec721
on 11/30/11 12:52 am - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
Moisturizing mouth spray or rinse and chapstick.  Before you can even suck on ice chips, your mouth will feel like the bottom of a bird cage.  Squirt squirt, swish swish, spit and rinse.  AAHHH!!
--Dorothy

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

MyOwnSunshine
on 11/30/11 1:12 am
Chapstick, hair brush and clean underwear.  I don't think I used anything else that I brought.
" I am not at all concerned with appearing to be consistent. In my pursuit after Truth I have discarded many ideas and learnt many new things."  Ghandi            
kimbethin
on 11/30/11 2:12 am, edited 11/30/11 2:13 am - CA
Cell phone and charger!  Chapstick and hand lotion- It's really dry in most hospitals.  I brought shampoo and conditioner samples for my first shower and it made me feel human again.  I just tossed the unused portion.  I don't like the hospital socks so I brought slip on slippers.  I also am a princess a little bit so I brought a really soft cotton robe.  Not too warm but good coverage and the soft cotton felt so good.  good luck!
putting one foot in front of the other...        
Samantha H.
on 11/30/11 1:25 pm - Kuwait City, Kuwait
Thank you all SO much for the help! I'm starting to get my bag together now and feel like I am packing for a vacation! lol

5 days and counting...
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 304 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 350 views