POST OP STAGE TWO

Miluska32
on 12/5/11 1:56 am - NJ
I need advice on food ideas to eat on Phase Two of my Post Op diet.  I seem to tolerate food very well first week out of surgery.  I currently have a protein shake for breakfast and have about a half a cup of soup broth and usually eat a cup of applesauce for dinner.  I was wondering if anyone could give me some advise on what I could eat on phase 2 of my diet.

Your menu Ideas are greatly appreciated!!!!

Ms. Poker Face
on 12/5/11 2:11 am, edited 12/5/11 2:11 am
Well, stage 2 may mean different things on different programs/surgeons. MY stage 2 was pureed foods. So that's what I'll describe here. I had to put everything in a blender with enough liquid so that the end product had no chunks and slid off a spoon (similar to applesauce consistency).

egg salad
tuna salad
chicken salad
scrambled eggs
ricotta cheese
cottage cheese
sf pudding
greek yogurt (preferably plain with splenda and spices such as cinnamon or pumpkin spice added)
no sugar added applesauce
protein shakes
protein powder added to all of the above
ff refried beans w/melted cheese

It's been awhile since then; this is all I can remember.

Good luck!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

DANIELLE H.
on 12/5/11 3:01 am - ADAMSTOWN, MD
My phase 2 started today and mine is a soft food diet for 3 weeks.  That consists of fish and most soft seafood items, soft cheeses, egg, and mushy cooked vegetables. I have already realized that the protein shakes are gonna have to stay in my diet until I can consume enough protein through my food intake.

Good luck to you on the next stage.
   HW 296 SW 247.5 (11-14-11)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 272 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views