Approved, Side-tracked and Waiting Again

Jamie_45
on 12/12/11 7:00 am - CA
VSG on 01/09/12
Hello everyone!  I was approved last March for VSG and surgery scheduled for April 18th!  During pre-op they discovered a "shadow" on my lung.  Long story short, I had stage 1 lung cancer which resulted in a very different type of surgery.  I will be forever thankful to all of you (as I had been lurking on this forum) for convincing me to go ahead with this surgery.  It seems a chest xray is no longer the "norm" for physicals and who knows when my cancer would have been discovered.  I definitely believe that my choice to have VSG surgery saved my life!  Now, many months later and completely cancer free, both my surgeon and oncologist have re-approved  my surgery.  At this time I am awaiting a call from the scheduler, but have been told it will be either January 2 or 9th.  Now it's time to get on with the rest of my life in a healthy way.  I needed this surgery to alleviate the weight from my back and knees (not to mention high bp), but now I need to lose it because it is one more way to battle the recurrence of cancer.

NewStart145
on 12/12/11 7:24 am - GA
Wow!!! It sounds like you went through a lot but here's to a better you
landdnurse2
on 12/12/11 7:50 am - Midwest City, OK
So glad you had a chest x-ray! Congrats on being pre-approved again! You will do GREAT !

HW 321 (9/08) SW 312 (1/11)  Pre-op 280 (11/1) Surgery 270 (12/11)
Most Active