DIZZINESS

mstiffany2u2
on 12/20/11 9:47 pm - VA
Ok so i had my surgery on 11/09/11..It hasnt been the best and it hasnt ben the worse. And as the time went along things are going smooth. But now for thw last few days i have been dizzy as crap...Is this normal.At first i thought it was my medicine but i havent taken any today to see if i would be dizzy. Please help any advice before i call the DOC

Mom4Jazz
on 12/20/11 10:04 pm
Is it all the time or just right after you get up from sitting or sleeping?

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

mstiffany2u2
on 12/20/11 10:10 pm - VA
sitting and sleeping...when i wake up it starts...by the afternoon im ok....or if i stand up real fast i get dizzy...

nana S.
on 12/20/11 10:30 pm - MI
hey there,

I'm having the same problem, My doctor told me because Im not taking my vitamins

mstiffany2u2
on 12/20/11 10:42 pm - VA
okay well i just had a talk with my doc last week now im taking my vitamins but the dont have iron in them...and he told me i need to find some with iron...the chewable ones gave me upset stomach so then i went to flinstones gummies (no iron)....so that might be it...thanks

Jittabug
on 12/21/11 12:09 am, edited 12/21/11 12:33 am
Same thing happened to me a week ago but I woke up screaming because the room was spinning when I woke up. Then laid down later on and the room spun again. It was scary. My doc had me drink chicken broth or beef broth because the salt would hold the water in my system. I sipped for seven Hrs very between chicken broth and water every fifteen minutes and it went away. I did not want to be in the hospital for dehydration. Doc said it was the start of dehydration. Scariest thing ever. Good luck I hope u find out what it is. My doc said if the advice he gave me didn't work I would've had to come in for labs the next day. My tongue was also very white so I then knew it was dehydration. It snuck up on me fast.
DANIELLE H.
on 12/20/11 11:40 pm - ADAMSTOWN, MD
I am having the same problem and they say its being dehydrated.  Told me to drink more fluids. Its been hard to remember to drink all the time and eat and work the schedule.
   HW 296 SW 247.5 (11-14-11)

mstiffany2u2
on 12/21/11 12:36 am - VA
HEY THANKS FOR THE REPLY....I WILL GET MY IRON PILLS TODAY...AND START DRINKING A LITTLE MORE EACH DAY....THANKS LADIES

Jittabug
on 12/21/11 12:45 am
Your welcome Mstiff hope everything goes well. I was so scared to lay down because that's when my dizziness happened. I would even sit there and a zing would go right through my head. What I did worked and I was so glad it did. If it is dehydration. Please sip sip sip all day long to keep you hydrated and to get you caught up on your fluids. If not see the doc. Better safe than sorry.
edelu
on 12/21/11 12:35 pm - los angeles, CA
I had it  at my 6 week appt my Dr said it was Thiamine deficiency.  i sorta ignored him because swallowing another vitamin at 6 weeeks was just more than i could handle.  At my 3 months lab lo and behold i had a severe Thiamine deficiency B1.  So i started on a course and in a week it was gone.   I still take it.  It also helped wit my brain fog.  Hope this helps
Most Active