cold medication question

BETHC500
on 1/3/12 10:08 pm
I started coming down with a cold on New Years Day and have been taking cold meds to deal with sypmtoms. I have not changed my eating patterns or my activity. I did up my fluid intake which is suppose to help with thinning out the mucus. Anyway, I have not lost any weight since New Years Eve... I was wondering if the cold and/or cold meds can affect weight loss. Any vets know? I was feeling so great when I hit my half way point but now I am a little frustrated. Help...

fypcdqt
on 1/4/12 2:09 am - Cumming, GA
I don't have any medical proof, but your body is trying to fight an infection, and it only has so much energy to do so with the calories you consume.  Keep resting, getting better, and getting that fluid in.  When your cold resolves, see if the scale moves.  You may just have a stall hit at the same time as your cold, or it may be all that gross mucous your body is trying to figure out what to do with has distracted itself from weight loss.

Totally not scientific, but I hope it encourages you anyways!  I had a cold around Christmas and couldn't exercise for the whole week b/c I was so miserable and sleeping when I wasn't at work.  I only weigh once a week and skipped that week since I only use the gym scale.  The next week I was down 4 lbs in 2 weeks, which is slow, but I'll take a loss any day!

Hope you're feeling better!
Amy

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views