Slimies and Foamies

MsMick111
on 1/6/12 10:58 pm - Cleveland, OH
What exactly are slimies and foamies.  I have read about them on other posts and I think I have had these and was unable to explain it to my NUT.
Height 5' 7 1/2"  HW/PRE-OP WEIGHT:244  SW:236  CW:184 GW:162
Month 1 - 26 lbs.          Month 4 - 10 lbs.    Month 7 - ?              Month 10 - ?
Month 2 - 6 lbs.            Month 5 - ?            Month 8 - ?              Month 11 - ?
Month 3 - 9 lbs.            Month 6 - ?            Month 9 - ?              Month 12 - ?

(deactivated member)
on 1/6/12 11:07 pm - WV
Foamies is when you eat too much and saliva gets thick and foamy and comes back up into the back of your throat and you keep clearing and spitting till it's out!  It coats until you think you are foaming at the mouth!  And when you've had them once, you learn to UNDER EAT your sleeve compacity-or I did!
tillmadd
on 1/7/12 1:56 am - WI
 My thoughts EXACTLY!!! If you had them you would know it! Its serious nasty reflux backing up into your esophagus from overeating the sleeve. Sometimes you may have too much overactive acids. My doctor prescribed Nexium for acid issues too...it definitely keeps acids under control.
HW 314    SW 297 Thanks for the season Packers! 15-2!!
**CW 234 month 1-23 month 2-14 month 3-13 month 4-11 

September903
on 1/7/12 4:34 am
You are eating too fast and too much. Slow down. Continued success!

Pkrplyr777
on 1/7/12 9:12 am - CT
Let's see if I can put this into words...
YUKKKKKK!

After eating 2oz of baked fish during my first week of solids. I sat down and very soon felt my stomach acids bubbling up into my pipes...I shifted a little hoping to stall the vertical path of the then unidentifiable substance, to no avail.
I got up and walked around a bit, but the acid, bubbly, nasty bitter stuff just kept coming up, now I'm tasting the bile in the back of my throat. My stomach is fuller than it's been in months and slightly swollen feeling.
The bile move past the back of my throat into my mouth, bitter and nasty. I get scared because I've never had this happen before. I run to the bathroom and spit out the bile as it comes up...Now I'm shaking.

At the first sign of an easment in the situation, I get on my computer and post to OH...looking for help.

That's when I learned the definition of "foamies"...it also happens at night when you're sleeping. At least it did for me with-in the first month or so.

2 things...eat slow and chew alot....AND avoid eating an hour before bed. lesson learned.

Well that should help you figure out what we are talking about...right?
Great job on educating yourself BEFORE you get scared.
Good luck,
\donna
  HW/233 *  SW/212 * CW/133 *GW/132 * 100 Pounds of FAT gone FOREVER!

Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple~Dr.Suess            
MsMick111
on 1/7/12 9:51 am - Cleveland, OH
Thanks everyone.  Out of all the problems to have, eating slow is one of them.  Everytime I eat, it feels like I'm going really slow but my stomach continues to vote FAIL.   I am so looking forward to "normal."
Height 5' 7 1/2"  HW/PRE-OP WEIGHT:244  SW:236  CW:184 GW:162
Month 1 - 26 lbs.          Month 4 - 10 lbs.    Month 7 - ?              Month 10 - ?
Month 2 - 6 lbs.            Month 5 - ?            Month 8 - ?              Month 11 - ?
Month 3 - 9 lbs.            Month 6 - ?            Month 9 - ?              Month 12 - ?

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 70 views