Need some advice on pre op liquids

tazman74
on 1/13/12 7:15 am - lakeville, MN
VSG on 01/31/12
Hello friends,

I need some advice my Dr. wanted me to start my protein diet early and I really did not get that much info on what I can have. He just said have carnation instant breakfast no sugar added 5-6 times a day and I just did the first day and man this is hard. That said it's not that I cant do it I CAN. I am just looking for other ideas on what I can have to help me have more energy and feal full or at least like I ate.

Any help would be great.

also my date is Jan 31 2012

Taz

ewalch
on 1/13/12 7:26 am - Oak Park, IL
Hi Taz. I need a little clarification.  Are you saying you have started the pre-op clear liquid stage?  I am starting that tomorrow (I am doing it for 5 days pre-op).  I was told to eat a variety of sugar free foods like jello, ice pops, crystal lite, broth, tea, water of course and to add unflavored whey protein to things so that I get my protein in.  I can't imagine it will be very easy.  Good luck I hope this helps a little.
tazman74
on 1/13/12 8:52 am - lakeville, MN
VSG on 01/31/12
not the clear liquid just high protein diet. my Dr wanted me to see how much I can loose before my surgery date on the 31st.
Jamie_45
on 1/13/12 7:40 am - CA
VSG on 01/09/12
Taz, scroll down as there about 3 other posts today on preops and proteins... I just can't type it all again...lol.  But there lots of info on those posts.  Good luck... you'll do great.

tazman74
on 1/13/12 8:49 am - lakeville, MN
VSG on 01/31/12
Sorry I did not see your post, Thank you I found it and just what I wanted.
bubster
on 1/13/12 9:55 am - Delta, OH
Taz.
my vsg is 1/31/12 also.  i am supposed 2b on liquids for 14 days.  not sure if i can do it.  I wonder what happens if I am not 100% compliant? 
tazman74
on 1/13/12 10:30 am - lakeville, MN
VSG on 01/31/12
bubster,
You can do it its not going to be a breeze but you CAN do it. today is my first day and I wont lie I have wanted to cheat so bad but then I think about why I am doing this and I the fealing slowly goes away. Just shoot me a message if you need to chat.

Taz
bubster
on 1/19/12 10:18 am - Delta, OH
Taz,

Thanks bud!  I appreciate you taking the time.  I wish you the best! 

I am not to handy online so I will go.. but will be thinking of you as I go thru this, knowing you are in the same boat.

Tom
redsnapper1975
on 1/13/12 11:02 am
I had Dr. Jones too!  :)  Look through your materials.  Info about the preop liquids should be in the little white sleeve booklet and the big yellow binder.  Unless it's changed since May, preop I did 10 days of 5-6 sf carnation, slimfast, or nutrition drink (boost/ensure.)  Also, clear sugar free liquids were allowed- crystal light, broth, sf popcicles, sf jello.  Call the office if you have Qs and they'll put you in touch with one of the nurses.  Those 10 days were the hardest, but I lost 13 pounds and felt great having stuck with it.  After day 3 it got a lot easier.  Good luck- you're in great hands with Dr. Jones!

If you're in the south metro we have a coffee group Sat. AMs at 8:30 alternating Burnsville/Eagan.  Message me or find the MN OH board and we'll get the details to you.
~ Kim

tazman74
on 1/19/12 10:36 am - lakeville, MN
VSG on 01/31/12
Thanks The funny thing is that I wen to see mt NUT (Morgan in bv) she informed me that they gave me the wrong info in the book. It wasn't off that bad but still off so for the first 4 days of the diet I was doing the diet for another procedure. But with that said I did manage to loose 15 Lbs in 4 days :)))) I started it on the 13th and went to see the Nut on the 17th. we checked twice in my chart (I did not believe her) I got weighed in on the 9th when I saw Dr.Jones That's the weight we based it off.  on a side note Dr. Jones seems really nice.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 65 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 249 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 316 views