I think this is going to happen

morgans
on 1/18/12 1:27 am
VSG on 06/18/12
I have a new insurance company that does allow for bariatric surgeries, including the sleeve.

I've had my initial consult, and met with the RN today to talk about the post-op diet and things we can work on before surgery (regular eating on weekends and taking longer to eat). I'm checking off the "to do" list and I hope I'll be able to get this done before summer.

I have to say that it was so gratifying when the nurse said "You have great eating habits!" because I totally do. I also like to be active. It's so not fair that these genetics (or whatever) have given me an extra person to carry around.

I'm a member at a diet and fitness site because it has a great meal recording tool, but you definitely get the "you're taking the easy way out" vibe.  It is one thing if you've put on 20 pounds in your 30's and need to lose that, versus being overweight your whole life and needing to lose 100 pounds (and keep it off). 

I'm nervous about this, but I'm just putting one foot in front of the other and doing what I need to do.

emdesq
on 1/18/12 1:30 am
Keep on going down this road - you won't regret it!

Ready for my world to change!
HW394/SW373/GW Under 200
George B.
on 1/18/12 2:50 am - Miami, FL
You're not going to regret this decision. Without the VSG I would still be yo-yo dieting.

With the VSG I've lost 127 pounds and have kept the weight off without issues, I'm 2 1/2 years post-op.

Don't worry about the vibe people give you. You're doing this for you and your health.

Best of luck,
George

Tenacious88
on 1/18/12 3:13 am - Fort Lauderdale, FL
VSG on 02/05/14

Thursday 1/19/12 I have an appointment with my nutritionist to start my six-month program before surgery. I'm looking at possibly having surgery in June or July, this way I'll have the whole summer to recover before school again for my daughter in Sept. God willing all our plans will work out just fine.
Would love to share stories during your journey, please keep me posted.
The best today and always.

Nevada-Fluffy
on 1/18/12 3:22 am - Henderson, NV

It's not always a fast road.  I started the WLS track 7 years ago with all the insurance prep for Rouen-Y.  Three different Dr supervised diets of six months each!  Psych testing, etc. All for the insurance to say that even, morbidly obese, I was too healthy (good blood pressure, cholesterol, etc.)  So what I am getting at is to keep your chin up and keep plugging away.  (I ended up with VSG, paid cash.)  What I'm getting to is that even fit, most of us are here because we have a significant amount to lose. There's so much more support now!  Don't give up!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views