Losing to much?

superchickk51
on 1/21/12 10:07 am
 I'm almost 4 weeks out it will be a month next Thursaday. I have lost 34lbs since the day after Christmas. I havent done anything! I mean nothing I walk a little, started going to the gym this week when i'm not at work. It also seems like i'm eating everything in the freaking house, which i know i'm not but I am putting something in my mouth all day long.

I am 25 too I dont know if this is a factor why its going so quick.

ruggie
on 1/21/12 10:10 am - Sacramento, CA
The more you weigh, the faster it goes.

Thus, it will eventually slow down quite a bit.

If you are actually putting something in your mouth all day long (i.e., grazing) you'll want to break that habit real quick - grazing is a great way to prevent yourself from getting to goal.

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

superchickk51
on 1/21/12 10:15 am
 with drinking all the water flavoried water sf popswhich i dont eat alot of, but it seems like something is going in my mouth all day 

(deactivated member)
on 1/21/12 10:25 am
You are not losing too much, there is no such problem.  However, I am worried about what will happen when you weight less, and thus lose less. If you continue to eat all day long, graze, you will almost certainly stop losing before reaching goal and will have a terrible time trying to maintain.  I would strongly advise you to only eat every three hours at the very most.  My doctor suggests three meals a day, but I have noticed that some people do better with four to five small meals a day, however, these have to be planed meals and not grazing.   I hope you continue to lose easily and find maintenance a breeze, that would be the ultimate goal.  Good luck to you.
superchickk51
on 1/21/12 10:33 am
 I DONT GRAZE. it seems like i'm eating all or drinking all day. Before the sleeve i hardly ever ate I really only ate dinner. I would gain weight by watching TV which really sucked. but now i'm drinking more, eating better and stuff like that. I'm folling my drs diet almost to a T. I'm not used to consuming this much in a day as before I was hardly eating.  

slimpickins5280
on 1/21/12 11:39 am - CO
I'm sorry, bu****ching TV does NOT make you gain weight if all your really ate was dinner.

Everyone is saying that you are grazing because everything your are saying points to grazing.

You asked for help. Now you need to LISTEN because people are here to help each other and that's what the other posters are trying to do.

That said, I understand the feeling of eating or drinking something all day. It feels like a fulltime job. I have to be careful that I plan my meals and listen to my Sleeve. Sometimes I even have to plan the times that I'll have snacks and meals. Also, if you don't already, you might want to log your food and water intake into something like myfitnesspal. It will help you really see what you are eating and how many calories your taking in.

Good luck. to you.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

ruggie
on 1/21/12 11:48 am - Sacramento, CA
I assure you - if you find yourself obese in life, it is because you indeed did eat too much, not solely becuase you watch television.  Sure, the TV doesn't help, but it may be instructive to keep a food journal.

How do you rectify both statements: 
(1) I don't graze
(2) It seems like I'm eating and drinking all day.

Are you or aren't you?

That's awesome that you're in compliance now, but we only warn you about grazing since you keep saying that you are eating or having something in your mouth all the time. 

We're just trying to help.

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

happyteacher
on 1/21/12 12:07 pm
 I can relate.  I only eat planned meals (with the exception of 1 cookie and 1 graham cracker over the first month).  But with that said, I have to wait for the time to pass to start drinking.  Thus, I am always drinking or eating the meal except for the 30 minutes pre and post eating and no drinking window.  I get my fluids in, but just barely.  Funny how when I used to overeat it would be a more binge style eating, so I didn't feel like I was eating or drinking all day.  Now, 600 calories average and I feel like that is all I do is eat or drink!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

USAF Wife
on 1/21/12 10:40 am
I'm an entire decade older than you and lost at the same rate with close to the same amount of weight to lose as you have indicated in your ticker. I didn't work out for the first 4 months, and only worked out for 4 months. We can be skinny, unfit women. I'm a prime example of an unfit, skinny chick. I never work out, I just had a baby 12 weeks ago, and have 12-14lbs of my baby weight to lose. Oh and I gained 35lbs in the pregnancy. It's NOT difficult to gain ****pots of weight when you are further out.

I agree with Elina, grazing is a sure fire way to get the losing to stop, and slow way down the closer to goal you get. I dropped 115lbs in 6.5 months and that got me to goal, but those last 10lbs took the longest to lose. I lost another 20-25lbs trying to get into maintenance.

And, you might be eating tiny bits and pieces here and there, but believe me, and other vets can confirm this little fact; the further out you get, the more you can eat so those little bits become bigger bits and those bits turn to useless, unneeded calories and junk. Grazing is the biggest contributor to regain. It's a food behavior and it can sabotage all your effort and cripple your success. I would track your intake to see how much you're actually eating.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

superchickk51
on 1/21/12 12:33 pm
 I make dinner for my family and I dont eat while i'm cooking. I wait 30 mins before and after I eat. What I mean Is i'm drinking something all day which makes me seems like I consuming something all day. I'm prob eating about 400 calories a day if that so how am i grazing.

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 18 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 18 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 193 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 279 views