Ugh, I must buy a food scale!

kwiegs3856
on 1/27/12 4:55 am - PA
VSG on 01/05/12
I just found out the hard way what 89grams equals in ounces!  I made a Groton grilled Haddock filet, it was so yummy & moist and I ate in really slow with no problem.   Half hour later & I'm sitting here with what feels like a golf ball in my throat and it spasms off and on!  I guess I should have googled it before I ate it, but it looked So small on even my tiny saucer.  I did leave one tiny piece, but I got down atleast 2 1/2 oz.  How come I didn't get any restriction signs while I was eating it?

PaulaToronto
on 1/27/12 5:11 am, edited 1/27/12 5:12 am - Toronto, Canada
I love my little Cuisinart that has both glass and a stainless cover.  It weighs in grams and ounces and you can use a plate and zero it before adding your food so it weighs only your food.

As early out as you fish and chicken did that golf ball thing to me unless I pureed it.  I would get the foamies and vomitted a couple of times - not my whole stomach contents but what was stuck. The dense proteins required more mushing up for longer. YOu wouldnt think fish is dense but it is. 

I didnt get warnings and still dont until its too late.  Instead of guessing I weigh everything and then concentrate when I am eating to see if I am full.  I never eat more than 2-3 ouces of any protein at a time except for my protein drinks. I am trying to undereat my sleeve and so far I am satisfied with this amount.

Highest W 312   Referral W 252   Surgery W 237   CW 156  Height 5'6"            

trayb17
on 1/27/12 5:43 am
VSG on 01/05/12
Sorry that happened. Recently I have started to burp and get a big gurgle from my sleeve and whn that happens I just stop then. So far it's working, but at first I had little things like a runny nose or a hiccup which I took as signs as well. I just got my scale today from amazon
kwiegs3856
on 1/27/12 6:15 am - PA
VSG on 01/05/12
   I usually burp or hiccup also, but nothing this time no signal.  I just threw up a little and now I feel better.  I NEVER want that to happen again!  I'm done with food atleast for the rest of today, staying on protein chicken soup and shakes. I'm going to try to buy one tonight if I can't find one I'll order online also.

kwiegs3856
on 1/27/12 6:18 am - PA
VSG on 01/05/12
Paula, thanks for the advice I will check that scale out.   Yeah your right about not thinking that fish was dense, it was really moist.  I now know, lesson learned!

lanunes
on 1/27/12 11:07 am - CA
I use measuring cups (1/4 cup usually, 2oz) for most things as my stomach doesn't know weights of things, just volume.
      Leslie Nunes              
kwiegs3856
on 1/27/12 11:12 pm - PA
VSG on 01/05/12
Yeah now I know I can't trust my eyes in measuring food portions.  They are still in fat eating mode! 

Most Active