Day 8 of my 2 week pre op liquid diet

AMoody
on 1/29/12 4:20 am - Mayville, MI
VSG on 02/06/12
Well Im on day 8 of my 15 day pre op liquid diet and I can honestly say Im doing great! First couple of days I had a headache and my tummy wasnt so happy about having no solid food in it but I now its a breeze.  I have lost around 8 pounds already and am very happy about it.  I know I can do this.. The big day for me is Feb 6th..Got my protien drinks from better MD because my surgen requires that and I have found the drinks not too bad, they even took back and exchanged the ones I didnt like for ones that I did like AND they paid the shipping to ship the order back..now how great is that?? I do get to have 2 cups a day of either carrots or celery or some other veggie just so you have that chewing sensation, low sodium broth, sf popsiciles and sf jello(yuck)  Anyway just wanted to share so that you that are out there facing that dreadful 2 week pre op liquid diet know that IT CAN be done!! and be done pretty easily!

H.W 247 L.W 170 C.W 238 G.W 145

plush
on 1/29/12 4:46 am, edited 1/29/12 4:47 am - Peekskill, NY
VSG on 02/04/12 with
Hello and Congrats to doing so well on this difficult but much rewarding journey. I am 7 days out on the pre-surgery diet. I am doing well too. However, yesterday was hard for me. I became tired of the protein shakes and so today I mixed my chocolate shake will deaf coffee. I am no coffee drinker but this taste so much better. We are on similar diets and we even had the same surgery date but mine was move up for reasons that are personal in my surgeon's life. Good luck and keep up the great work!
Oh and I lost 8lbs too!

BW: 279lbs  SW: 255lbs GW/MW: 160lbs
(deactivated member)
on 1/30/12 8:55 pm - MI
VSG on 01/06/12
YAY! I am so happy to hear you are liking your pre-op diet more! 8lbs for you both is amazing! I looked at it as...the more I lose before surgery is less I have to lose after surgery so I too everything I could! Do you like egg drop soup? I liked that when I was on my liquid diet too! It's no carbs and liquid...but it was also filling and that was good!
AMoody
on 1/31/12 7:52 am - Mayville, MI
VSG on 02/06/12
I have been living on 5 protien shakes a day, water, a hot cup of low sodium chicken broth, 2 sf popsicles, and a cup of carrots a day, I have only lost that 8 #'s and now nothing for the last 3 days..bummer! I think of it too, for me even when they want to put me on food I think I'll try and stay as long as I can on this type of diet to get the most of out my weight loss... So glad to hear from ya.. How are you doing?? How much have you lost? Are you sick of protien drinks yet You keep hanging in there girlfriend!

plush
on 1/31/12 10:05 pm - Peekskill, NY
VSG on 02/04/12 with
 I've lost 14lbs as of today, 8 last week and 6 this week! I am so very tired of these shakes but I have managed by mixing decaf coffee with my morning drink. You may wake up the day before surgery and drop the weight you've retained these past 3 days. Hang and there, you are doing fabulous.

AMoody
on 2/1/12 7:20 am - Mayville, MI
VSG on 02/06/12
Im so jealous I have only lost 9#'s now if I could lose another 5 before my surgery on Monday I would be estatic!!!!!! Hey congrats on those lost 14 #;s keep it up and good luck..when is your surgery?

plush
on 2/1/12 10:53 pm - Peekskill, NY
VSG on 02/04/12 with
 Thank you, my surgery is on 02/04/12. Keep up the good job you are doing well. You may surpass me in the weeks to come.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views