3 NVS's in 3 days!

stepmomster
on 1/30/12 1:50 am, edited 1/30/12 1:59 am
Good Morning and Happy Monday!

Today makes 7 weeks since my surgery date. I lost 15 pounds within the first ten days of surgery and then had a "stall" that lasted about two weeks where I actually gained about 7 pounds! As of today I have lost 33 pounds since surgery and 50 pounds since my highest weight! Boy can I feel the difference. It is a little embarrassing how many people are noticing and commenting on my weight loss. I guess I am losing a lot in my face which is a good thing :)

Now onto my NSV's!
First, on Friday I wore a pair of pants to work and a co-worker took me aside and told me I probably I should not be wearing then anymore because they are WAY too big and sagging in my behind! LOL!

Second, I was getting something from my car in the driveway last night and my pajama bottoms fell down! Good thing the street was empty and it was dark out!

Third, This weekend I took a hiatus from weighing because on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday of last week I was hovering at 300.8 - 300.2. So this morning I stepped on hoping to be 299 and much to my surprise I was 297!! WooHoo!! I have not been in the 200's in 4 years!

To celebrate I think I will go shopping for a new pair of work pants and pajama's... obviously I need them :)

Daisy_Rose
on 1/30/12 1:55 am
 Congrats!!!

PrettyEyes_41
on 1/30/12 2:31 am - MS
VSG on 06/12/12
That's awesome!!
mrsfloflo
on 1/30/12 2:33 am - Grand Prairie, TX
Yeah!! Congrats - awesome NSVs!
"Enjoying my life and the confidence to experience more!
My support system: God, my husband, my family and wonderful friends!! I am so richly blessed and God is a God of second chances and this is one He has blessed me with and I'm not taking it for granted!!! Yeah

soon2b20
on 1/30/12 2:43 am - NJ
Awesome !   Keep rockin that sleeve a bunch more NSV's are coming your way.

RyanJS
on 1/30/12 3:09 am - CA
VSG on 02/21/12 with

Great job! I'm sure you will have dozens more NSV's to share along the way. Keep up the great work

Heaviest Weight: 330 Goal Weight: 175 Current Weight: 150
"Hit Goal in 3 1/2 Months!!!"
"Nothing is impossible. The word itself says I'M POSSIBLE!!!"
"No one said it was going to be easy, but it will definitely be worth it"

imkristy1
on 1/30/12 3:21 am - WI
VSG on 02/13/12
That is so awesome! Im so happy for you!
faylavi
on 1/30/12 3:23 am - Laurel, MD
...one for each NSV!!!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

46yrs old  5'4'' HW 306  AW  288  SW 276 CW 192  205                                                  Next goal <199     

mswhite76
on 1/30/12 3:28 am - NC
VSG on 01/17/12
Congrats!! I had my surg on 1/17/12 & lost 17# the 1st week. I stepped on the scale 2day and was disappointed 2 c only 4# down from last Tuesday. I tried not 2 weigh myself a lot 4 this main reason...DISAPPOINTMENT!!

I think going 2 chill out on weighing myself & just work on getting this protein in. I have had a problem getting much in. Have u??

I'm just wondering y u had that stall.

VSG: 1/17/12
HW: 307/CW: 225/GW: 150

stepmomster
on 1/30/12 4:32 am
I too am trying to not step on the scale everyday... it is hard but I think I am going to try to weigh in only on Monday's and Wednesdays... I would like to weigh-in only once a week but I do not have the self-control for that yet.

My doctor has now cleared me for all foods already (but with the warning to limit carbs and to stay away from banned foods such as popcorn and soda) so I am getting about 60-90 grams of protein a day. This includes a protein "smoothie" that I make each morning which accounts for 26 of those grams. When I just a few weeks out of surgery it was super hard for me to get all the protein and water that I needed each day. but each day I just increased it a little. I track EVERYTHING I eat into sparkpeople.com and plan each day so I know what I will be eating.

This an example of my meal plan for today:

~Breakfast: Protein Smoothie made from Vanilla Protein powder, Crystal light, ice, 3 frozen strawberries and 1/3 of a banana

~Snack: handful of roasted chickpeas

~Lunch: 1/2 of a homemade pizza made from a 6 inch lowcarb tortilla, pizza sauce, turkey pepperoni, olives and 2% cheese

~Afternoon Snack: Cheese Stick

~Snack while at school (7pm): Hard boiled Egg

~Dinner: Homemade Pimento Chicken Salad made from canned chicken, red onion, and pimento sauce made from pimento's and Greek yogurt and spices.

~Possible Dessert: Sugar Free Pudding Pop

This will give me about 78 grams of protein, about 700 calories and about 40 carbs.

I am still working at getting all my water down. I am at an average of 45-50oz a day.

As for the stall that I had, from I have read here and what my doctor has said, stalls are perfectly normal! Especially in the beginning. Your body is still adjusting to the trauma of surgery and eating and drinking so much less. After 3 months if you stall then you may need to re-evaluate your intake and exercise but even then stalls may happen for no reason. Just stick with your program!

Hope this helps!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 87 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 301 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 348 views